Chapter 22

I remember the life I had before the day. The family dinners were very often a thing for us, my parents tried to do it as often as they could. One particular evening I remember going from school, middle school and waiting for the bus and afterwards getting home to an empty house but I knew they will be back sometime in the evening. I walked to my room, did my homework, in middle school I was doing really well with school but high school changed me and it became harder but I was still doing great but the earlier years of school i was good with grades. Decided to vacuum the house since I knew that they both will be back and will not have the energy to clean the house, even on the weekends. But I never minded to do house work, it made my parents happy and I was happy too, not like they would make me do it, they sometimes did it themselves.

Heard the front door being unlocked and by the noise I knew it had to be my mother. I found her and she had grocerys with her, I helped her unload them and put them to place, she told me to leave certain things as we was going to make soup with those. Then got the other needed supplies and we began chopping the vegetables and putting the soup together. I loved cooking with my mother, not like I was super good but can make anything basic or simple. But yeah the soup was boiling and my dad came back. I ran and. Hugged him. He looked tired. Sometimes one of the other would work even on the weekends to get extra cash or longer hours sometimes. But they tried not to work extra together, they wanted that one of them would be able to go home and be with me, especially then I was a lot younger. We all sat down and poured the soup into our bowls and started to enjoy the family dinner.

"How was school?"

"It was good. My teacher liked my presentation very much."

"Good to hear."

"Does the supervisor still being checked out?" My mother asked father.

"Yeah. We soon should get a new one since he might be fired or told to resign."

"He had that coming for him."

They talked more about their work and generally they were trying to not say anything too bad when I was near but I had heard them complain from time to time about their jobs. I never commented. We ate the dinner happily and washed the dirty bowls and spoons with our own hands, nothing fancy. My mom said a good night for me and I was alone in my room, laying in bed and trying to fall asleep. My life was good or so I thought but I think it was as good as it could have gotten at the time.

I remember my eleventh birthday very well. The morning was magical for me. My parents took a week off work to celebrate my birthday. I woke up and they soon after walked in with a small cake and lit candles to wish me a happy birthday. I happily thought of a wish and blew the candles. I got dressed and walked to the kitchen to have actual breakfast first well the one I only get for my birthday or other celebration. The special breakfast consisted of store bought waffles, whipped cream or ice cream, berries or small candy. It was always good, I know it isn't good breakfast but as a child it doesn't matter and later we have the cake. For this birthday I got a doll set I wanted for a while. It wasn't that expensive but I really was happy I got it either way.

Later in the day I went out with my few friends to celebrate my birthday, we went to a playground. I don't even talk with those friends for ages now. How times had changed. That birthday was like the ones I had previously and the ones that came later. Just the gift part was diferent.

I remember a weekend. My dad had to work almost all day on Saturday, mom was home with me. The morning was normal but later we had popcorn and some juice which we used while watching a movie on the tv, there is a different movie each weekend around ten o'clock. It was my favorite part of the weekend. Sometimes we all watch it, sometimes it is just one of them with me or rarely just me. Well we still managed to have a good life. I think that weekend my aunt visited me in a while.