Chapter 18

Today is Friday, which means today my uncle and aunt are going out for the entire weekend and I have the house to myself. School was a lot better. Me and Samuel were able to show that we are together in school which was nice. I invited Leonor and Bernadette to sit at his table. So our table at lunch consisted of me, Samuel, my two friends, Luciana and his other two friends. The guy was glaring at me from a table next to us but said nothing. Samuel glared back at him and he stopped doing that. I was nervous to meet the other two friends but they knew of my relationship with Samuel before the breakup, they were nice. Luciana I knew a bit but I think that generally everyone was getting along with each other well which I was happy for that.

The school day was good, I though had an exam but I think I did fairly well on it. Finally my life is getting on the better days. I still have a few more lessons and afterwards I will go and see Samuel's practice and we thought of having out somewhere after he is finished. The last lessons passed in a blur, I don't even remember what I did in them but hey it is time for me to go to the stadium and watch his practice or well do a bit of my homework.

I sat down on a bench. Their practice is about to begin. I took out the homework out of my backpack and began doing it. Soon the team walked in and I spotted Samuel he saw me and waved, I waved back. I don't know how they are able to do sports when it is crispy outside it isn't like super cold but cold nonetheless, summer weather is barely there. Once I was done with the work so was the practice over. Outside the school I waited for him to show up. Samuel walked out looking like he was running.

"You really shouldn't have ran just to get to me faster."

"I wanted to."

"Nice to know."

He pulled me by the list and we got to his car and started to drive.

"Where are we going to?"

"To my house. Since Sunday I am going to be at yours, why not go to mine as well. Besides my parents aren't going to be back until next week's Wednesday, they are on their married couple's vacation."

"Your house seems like a good idea to go to."

I knew where the place was but never been inside and today I will be, just like he has seen my house outside but never inside. Once inside I knew the house from the outside seemed rich, the inside as well screamed richness. The house was clean but still managed to make it feel homey. We walked upstairs to his room. It definitely looked different from the rest of the house. It was still very clean and put together but it was more colorful and way more things on the walls and on the furniture. I sat down on his bed. He putted away his backpack and the gym bag away on the ground somewhere in the corner of the room. He took my backpack and set it on the ground next to his table.

"Do you have the book we both started to read yesterday?"

"I do."

"Let's read it together."

Just like at the park, I laid on top of him, my back pressed against his front and we both read the book in silence. I was the one holding the book and he would occasionally cares my arm which I really liked that feeling. After like an hour of reading we decided it was a good time to look at the kitchen to see something we could eat or have the ability to cook something from things that are available to us. Luck was on our side and we were able to make a simple cooked chicken with rice for our lunch. It tasted really good and I think we both aren't bad cooks.

"When did you learn to cook like this?"

"I sometimes have to cook for myself. Either my parents aren't home or we don't hire a cook from time to time and in general I am not that lazy to learn something simple to make. And to order something to be delivered isn't something I like to do often."