Chapter 1

"Cotton Candy!" A little girl shrieked as she ran over to the booth. Bee was balancing on her unicycle when she ran past and caught her attention. The mother of the girl came hurrying after her and said to Bev, the cotton candy vendor, "Just a small one please." Bev nodded and grabbed a fresh one from off her walls. "Here you go, little one." She said, all kindness and sugar. The mother handed Bev the payment and the little girl ran off into a growing crowd. The exasperated mother ran after her girl and they both disappeared into the crowd. She sighed and rode over to Bev's booth. "Why do all the cute ones prefer you to me?" Bev laughed as Bee brought up the ever going battle of who the kids at the carnival like more. She huffed and her gaze darted over to the ferris wheel's platform as two figures emerged out of the shadows and onto the "stage". The crowd roared as the people came into view and Bev and Bee looked at each other in confusion. "I didn't know there was going to be people on the stage today." Bev said confused. Bee nodded her head in agreement. "I'll go see what is up." She pedaled off into the crowd. Since she was on her unicycle, people parted to get out of her way as she sped by. She made it to the front and got a clear view of who was on the stage. The carnival's director Drew Halliday was giving an announcement that everyone had been dreading with an unexpected person beside him. She mentally slapped herself for not realizing earlier. All the cheering had been for America famous, heartthrob, CEO of Boyle Dining, Nivani Boyle. Bee rolled her eyes at all the cheering. She personally did not think that Nivani was all that impressive. She had white hair and emerald green eyes. She had big, beautiful dragon wings and small horns. The wings allow her to actually fly which gives her credit with the media because that is a rare thing. She was dressed in a gray t-shirt and black capris. Bee was in her clown outfit but was still somehow drawing all the attention from all the teenagers coming to the carnival. She listened into what Drew was saying and her heart sank. "I am truly sorry, but I believe this will be the last year the Twisty Oaks carnival will be in business." Murmurs and whispers rippled through the crowd as the news sank in. She turned around and headed back through to Bev. "Well he just gave the announcement." She said all melancholy. "It's really too bad that Nivani won't help us when we need it." Bev sighed. Bev, like every other teen their age, had a crush on Nivani. Even though she has a partner. "I'm not surprised. I mean she is rich! Would you help us if you were a jerk like her?" Bev gasped. "How dare you! Nivani is not a jerk! She is a goddess." She sighed dreamily and Bee laughed. "Don't let Callie hear you say that." Bev rolled her eyes. "Please. We both know that they are in love with her too." Bee laughed again. "Well it is only the first week of summer so... Maybe we will work up enough money to save the carnival." Bee sighed at her friends optimism. Even though it was misplaced it was nice to have someone being optimistic. Bev was a lovely lady with chestnut brown hair and almond skin. Her eyes stood out bright in contrast because they were a sky blue. She was one of the few people in town who wasn't part anything and was proud of it. Bee had brown and copper hair and hazel eyes. She was tall at  6'5". She was part shark with a few distinguishing attributes. She has placoid scales on her hands, the back of her neck, knees and cheekbones. She has the inconvenient trait called tonic immobility. It is a trait found in sharks and other large fish that whenever someone flips her upside down she goes into a trance like state. She can also breath underwater. The crowd was beginning to disperse and Bee began to pedal around in circles trying to draw attention to her and Bev. A bunch of little kids started to gather and make ridiculous requests. She was able to complete most of them thanks to her parents making her do gymnastics all the way to highschool. She was becoming a senior and was graduating in the coming year. She had recently turned eighteen and was moving out after graduation. She had a cabin ready and everything. As the crowd around them grew so did the requests. She was making balloon animals and doing backflips. Every now and then someone would ask to see her juggle on the unicycle. Most of the clown stuff she learned from the previous clown who got sick and could no longer be the carnival clown. She always did her best to complete all the requests but she always got tired at some point. And the crowd was still growing. She noticed that her crowd had Nivani Boyle in the front. She rolled her eyes as she got back on her unicycle. "Anything you people want me to juggle?" She asked as she adjusted to the balance difference. "Cotton candy!" She heard the same little girl from earlier shout. She laughed and pedaled over to Bev. "Can a get six bags of cotton candy please?" Bev laughed and gave the bags to the clown. She began juggling and she pedaled around a bit. She did her typical clown act and dropped all six on her head before hopping off and completing the next request. "Alright everyone. I know that Bee is an amazing acrobat, but she needs rest too. Please enjoy our other activities while our clown catches a quick break." Drew said as he walked up to Bev's booth. She gave him a bag of cotton candy and he popped it open. "Bee you gotta quit letting them work you to death." She shrugged it off and took a drink of water. "Well I think she was fantastic." A voice from behind Drew said. Nivani was standing there with her hands on her hips. Bee rolled her eyes and took a piece of candy from Drew. "But I have one request." Bee raised an eyebrow at her in interest. "And what would that be?" She smirked. "Grab a hotdog with me?" Bee nearly choked on her water and spit it out. "Real classy Bumble Bee." Bev said from her booth. Bee shot her a glare and turned back to Nivani. "Why?" She asked suspiciously. "Because you are hot. And you seem to want nothing to do with me." Bee got up as Nivani finished saying this. She thought about it for a moment before shrugging. It seemed Nivani was celebrating in her head when Bev smiled. "No." Bee said. Nivani's face fell. "What? Why?" Bee laughed and Bev covered her mouth trying not too. Even Drew was having trouble keeping a smile from his face. " (1) I don't have the time, (2) I don't think you are even relatively attractive, and (3) just no." Nivani looked confused. "So this is what rejection feels like." She whispered. "Get used to it if you're going after Bee here." Bev said to her. Nivani smiled. "I like a challenge." Bee rolled her eyes and walked away to go buy a funnel cake.

I know this one is going to be interesting and I hope you'll stick with me as I write. I just wanted to let you know that all of her traits from sharks are actually true (not pure fiction)! I hope you enjoyed and will read the next one tomorrow or whenever!