Ch. 41 "vengeance "

Kayden POV

I waited until I know everyone was asleep. And I snuck out of my room to the jet hanger. It took me about an hour to study the manual to the Jets they have here.

If anyone is going to take out my uncle it's going to be me. I am going to inflict the same amount of pain and suffering he has done to me since he executed my parents.

Steve and Bucky plan on leaving tomorrow morning. But sadly I'm going to beat them there. I have my combat pants and boots on. along with my long-sleeved thermal and my eye mask on. I have a backpack full of supplies knives. Food and a gun I may have cough, cough. Borrowed from Bucky's stash of weapons.

As much as I would love to see the look on his face I have no intentions of him seeing my identity.

I get to the jet,

"Friday open the hanger doors." I whispered

"Of course." The AI said

I get on the jet. I buckle myself in.

Yeah. I know not old enough to even have a license. Now I'm flying a jet, But hey I'm thirteen I don't need no damn license.

I flip on a few switches I grip the yoke. Which in simple terms would be called a steering wheel in a car. But it's a jet.

"Well here goes nothing." I whispered

the jet lifts off the ground and I take off.

"Friday set coordinates for New Jersey." I said

"Of course." The AI said

This is where it ends. Not with Steve or Bucky taking him down. Me! I need to do this! This has been in my thoughts for eight damn years. Countless nights of loosing sleep wanting to find the ass hole who murdered my parents. For the replicant serum.

And he was under my nose the entire time! Words alone cannot describe the utter betrayal, The anger and the fury that is driving me right now. Determined to make him suffer. You know what they say. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And I know. I know vengeance is not the way to go. But what can I say it's a start.

"You better watch your back uncle... Because soon enough I'll be breaking it." I mumbled as I few as fast as this jet could go

Bucky POV

We heard the loud sound of the hanger doors slamming shut as we were walking towards our rooms. Me and Steve ran to the Jet hanger. To see one of them gone. I don't remember Fury or Tony for that matter saying there was a mission tonight.

Then it dawned on me I ran to Kayden's room Steve right on my heels. I open her door to see her gone. I open her closet to see her uniform missing.

"No she didn't." I said

"Friday where is Kayden?" Steve said

"She has taken a jet to New Jersey." The AI said

Both of our eyes widening

I rush to my room grabbing my stuff and rush to the Jet hanger. I'm pretty sure Steve did the same.

"We need to get there before she does." I said sitting in the pilot chair.

"Especially if she's going to do what I think she's going to do." I said

"What do you mean?" Steve asked

I mean Steve wouldn't know. But I do, I used to be just like her after being the winter solider all the anger driving me. Closing people off and not wanting help. But the betrayal

"Think about it Steve she's been looking for her parents killer since they were killed. She just found out it was her uncle." I said

Steve looked worried

I nodded

"We need to get to her before she gets to him." I said taking off after her in the jet.