xv.

chapter fifteen.

"Roman?"

Roman turned to face Rina and Malik, there was a nervous look on his face, but the fear was evident in his eyes. "Hi."

Two years.

They hadn't seen Roman in two years since what had happened with Hayley; since he tried to get them to seal their werewolf sides away like Niklaus was once forced to, since hearing that he believed hybrid's and tribrid's were abominations, since he had destroyed their friendship.

"I thought it would be best to intervene." He explained while moving away from Malik. "I know that had Jed actually touched you, you could have really hurt him."

"You shouldn't be here." Rina spoke up, her gaze cold and threatening. "I know you go here and all, but being near us is like you wanted a death sentence."

He shook his head, "I only just got back." He explained. "I was doing scout work for Alaric but was told to come back in since he's gone. I swear, I didn't even know you guys were here."

Malik wasn't comprehending what was happening, Roman Sienna was in front of him right now and he was going through so many emotions. Roman, who he had trusted, treated like a friend, but was now someone he couldn't stand.

"Hey, Mal?" Roman called out to Malik and Rina froze as she felt Malik's anger. "Are you alright?"

"Roman, don't!" Rina shouted but it was too late.

Roman set his hand down on Malik's shoulder, trying to snap Malik from his thoughts, but it would have been safer to leave Malik in that state. Malik moved faster than Roman was prepared for, Malik grabbed Roman's hand and twisted his arm behind his back before applying enough force and a sickening snap could be heard in the gym.

Roman cried out in pain but Malik wasn't done, "You dare to come near me? Near my sister and cousin who you used in order to help your mother!?"

Roman was thrown back and away from Malik, Jed had ushered his pack away and out of the room due to the fear that they were feeling from simply looking at Malik. Malik was releasing a deadly aura, one that was daring anyone to mess with him because he wasn't going to hold back.

"Malik, I didn't know any better back then!" Roman cried out but made no move to defend himself from Malik as the boy punched him. "I was just doing what my mom said."

"That makes you no better than a dog!" Malik shouted at him before punching him again, this time prompting Roman to spit out blood. "I can't stand you, can't stand that you used us, betrayed us, and believe that one day we'll be friends again." He continued punching even when Roman fell to the ground again. "I hate you."

Rina knew not to touch Malik, she knew that once he was enraged, he was blinded. "Mal, stop." She pleaded but it was falling on deaf ears.

Roman looked like he was ready to fight back after Malik's declaration but the minute he was on his feet was the minute that Malik used his magic to lift Roman's body into the air like he had with Lizzie's.

Roman was flailing around but to no avail, Malik then clenched his fists and instantly all of Roman's limbs were snapping in and out of place. He was screaming for Malik to stop, for Rina to help him, but nothing could reach Malik right now, not even his sister.

"M-Mal." Roman cried out in between screams. "I never wanted to hurt you."

I never wanted to hurt you.

Six words that held no meaning to them. Malik has heard countless stories where those words were uttered and every time the person is left hurt and betrayed, such words should never be spoken because if you truly cared for someone, you would never create a situation where they're going to be hurt.