xxx.

chapter thirty.

Matthias and Niklaus Mikaelson were standing outside the compound that Finn had told them about when he returned. It was when Finn returned that they found out that Hope had disappeared leaving behind a simple note in her place, now that had Niklaus lose his temper.

They could see a large hole in the side of the building, meaning Hope had already made her own entrance so now it was their turn.

"Alistair!" Niklaus and Matthias shouted at the same time, their voices causing the building to shake thanks to Matthias' amplification spell.

Alistair felt his heart drop and his blood run cold, he hadn't expected them so soon. Things were not going as planned anymore. He walked over to the nearest window and peeked outside, he could see Niklaus and Matthias leading the group of people behind them.

With the two Mikaelson twins were Kai, Katerina, Nadia, Marcel, Bonnie, Finn, and Veronica. Aurora and Hayley stayed behind to keep Rhea sane, they were distracting her with Cameron, and she was doing her best not letting it be known that she was pregnant.

"You all know the plan." Matthias spoke and they nodded their heads. "We turn this place upside down, but Alistair is ours."

Everyone nodded and instantly took off inside the building. Bonnie, Kai, and Matthias could feel Hope's magic, they knew she had trapped everyone inside creating the ultimate battleground for them.

Niklaus and Matthias simply followed the bodies, it was like Hope had torn through the building and left no survivors. As they rounded a corner, they spotted children and adults trying to find their way around, only they didn't scream dangerous.

"Who are you?" Niklaus called out and the group froze in place. "Seeing as you're all frozen in fear, I take it you know who we are."

The oldest one there, stepped forward. "We don't work for Alistair, he's kept us here against our will in hopes of us helping him."

"That doesn't sound like Alistair at all." Matthias stated with a frown. "Alistair would've sooner killed you for not joining him."

"He tried." The woman stated. "Then some witch convinced him that we were of more use alive than dead."

Matthias shared a look with his brother. "The exit is that way." He pointed to where they had come from. "But let me just say that if I find out you're lying, you won't live to see tomorrow."

With that, the twin brothers walked past the group and entered a very rowdy room. The room was full of vampires, vampires that neither of them were familiar with at all, but that wasn't a problem for them.

"Shall we have some fun, brother?" Niklaus asked while smirking when the vampires all got into attacking stances.

Matthias returned the smirk and nodded his head, "Yes, I think we should."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Hope and the twins shared a knowing look, their family had arrived.

"We don't have a lot of time, we should get moving." Hope said with a small smile on her face. "God, I'm so happy you're okay."

Neither of the two could tell her that they weren't okay, the psychological damage that had been done to them was something that wasn't going to be easy to work through. Malik was sure that neither he nor his sister were going to be the same after this, they would probably be a little bit broken more than usual.

"Let's just end this." Rina said with a sigh. "I want to go home already."

"Oh, and don't think you're not getting your asses kicked when we get home." Hope said sternly. "You disappeared for a whole month!"