xliii.

chapter forty-three.

"A prom?" Rina asked confused as she walked into the Student Council room. "You want to plan an end of the year prom?"

Oliver, another member, nodded his head. "The students have been complaining by the lack of events this year other than the transfers that have come."

Rina looked to Kate, "Kate?"

Kate looked up from the document in her hand. "It wouldn't be impossible Rina." She told the girl and Rina sighed. "What's so wrong about the idea?"

"Nothing." Rina told them honestly. "It's just that we have less than three weeks to plan this out, graduation is on the 6th of June, and we still have to plan that out properly." She said while grabbing the papers. "Since we lost a few members due to their grades dropping, we'll have to work double time to get this right."

"Alright, how about I handle graduation since I'll be graduating as well." Oliver offered. "I can go a quick survey with the seniors about what they would like, combine it all then work with Mr. Mikaelson to get it all set up."

"That will leave you and I to get the okay from Professor Griffith on having a prom." Kate told her and Rina nodded her head. "Great, let's go people!"

Kate and Rina left Oliver who began to create a survey document that he would email to the seniors to fill out, and headed for Vincent's office. Rina and Kate were passing ideas to one another about themes and decorations when Rina paused in her steps, making Kate frown.

"Rina?" She called out to the girl before following her line of sight.

Rina was staring into the library where she could see Malik hanging out with Natalie and Iris, the two girls were sitting on either side of him and laughing at something he said.

"Miss your brother?" Kate asked and the question pulled Rina from her thoughts.

Rina gave the girl a small smile. "I know we live together, and we spend time at home, but I haven't just spent time with him." She told the girl as they continued to walk. "You know what I mean?"

Kate nodded her head. "I was the same way with my sister before her passing." She told her softly. "We lived together, but she felt so far away despite being so close."

"Yeah." Rina nodded her head. "Anyways, forget about it, it's fine."

Kate wasn't going to push Rina to talk about the subject, instead she got the girls mind off of it by talking about the prom again. As they reached Vincent's office, they could hear muffled chatter, the silencing spell on the room not allowing them to hear what was being said.

Kate knocked on the door and it fell silent before Vincent opened the door with a small smile on his face. "Hi girls, give me five minutes and I'll be with you."

The two nodded and didn't miss the sight of Marcel and Bonnie in the room with him before he closed the door once more. The two shared an amused look, whenever Bonnie and Marcel were called into the office it was because they were getting scolded.

Bonnie had a habit of letting Marcel make her late to teach her class in the morning and after lunch, if you get that then you know. It was well known that Marcel couldn't keep his hands to himself and wasn't afraid to show PDA if it meant getting a kiss from Bonnie.

It was cute, but often got them in trouble.

After five minutes, the doors opened again and out walked an amused Marcel and bashful Bonnie.

"In trouble again, Marcel." Rina said with a laugh. "Stop dragging Bonnie into your mess."

"Yeah." Bonnie agreed with her hands on her hips. "Stop dragging me with you."