xviii.

chapter eighteen.

Malik and Rina were currently on their way home, the two were sitting in the back of an uber, well is it really considered an uber when the person is a compelled man? Regardless, it works out. Of course, neither of the two have become full tribrid's but at the airport there's a specific area children of New Orleans Academy can go to where all they have to say is the codeword and a pre-compelled man or woman will take them to the school; a neat thing that Niklaus had done.

"How mad do you think our parents are?" Rina asked Malik quietly as their driver took a left turn onto the dirt path that would lead them home.

Malik cringed at the thought and bit his lip. "Terribly." The car came to an abrupt halt and the two twins lurched forward with a gasp. "What the hell!" Malik exclaimed before his eyes widened at the sight before him.

There standing in front of the car was none other than Elijah Mikaelson, a man that was supposed to be dead, a man that their father had personally seen to being killed. How? How was this man here?

"That's not possible." Rina muttered while holding onto Malik's hand tightly. "Dad killed him."

In the blink of an eye, Elijah was in front of her door and pulling it open causing Rina to shriek as she moved closer to her brother. Malik pulled her closer to him and held onto her tightly, he didn't know what was going on, but this wasn't right, something wasn't right.

"Found you." Elijah spoke before throwing a handful of what looked to be powder at them rendering them unconscious instantly.

Little did Elijah know, Malik had already sent out a magical distress signal to his parents.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Elijah Mikaelson died 16 years ago.

Died at the hands of his little brother to be exact and yet here he stood.

How was that possible?

The answer was simple, he wasn't.

Viviane Allaway was talented in the ways of illusionary magic, it didn't matter how strong the being was, it was her specialty. When she had finally found the person she was looking for, how shocked was she to learn that they were entangled with the Mikaelson family? They had taken someone important away from her and she would do the same to them, so it was only fitting when she caught wind of the twins that day.

She wasn't keen on using children but if it got her what she wanted then she would do whatever it took.

"Did it work?"

Viviane turned around and smiled at the man. "Alistair."

Alistair Duquesne smiled at her in return as he approached her. "Did everything go well?"

"It did." Viviane nodded her head while turning back towards the monitor in front of her. "As you can see, our guests are sleeping peacefully."

That was a lie, and he knew it, he could see the two withering on the screen and knew that it was her doing. After all, he needed the best of the best to be by his side in order to get his revenge on Niklaus and Matthias Mikaelson.

Alistair was turned by Niklaus, who then compelled him to kill his estate along with his wife and child, as a distraction for Mikael. He had hid away for centuries after that and when he learned that Niklaus and his brother were living happily and with children, oh he knew that it was time to enact his long-awaited revenge. Why did they get to be happy when he's suffered for so long? Niklaus had forced him to kill his child and wife and yet here he was with a family of his own?