13

"Gracieeeeee!" I hear Vanessa shriek from her room and I get momentarily shaken up. Geez, there was no need for her to shout like that. I get up and walk towards her room quietly. I'm already dressed up and will hopefully be able to leave for school if Vanessa gets over with her talks.

"What should I wear?" she asks holding up two cute frocks with the same polka pattern, the only difference being that one is blue and the other is pink.

"Did you seriously yell at me for that?" I ask her deadpanned and she just giggles.
"I'm going on a date with Simon." She says and I gasp.
"You what?"
She bites her lip and nods her head eagerly.

"He just called. We're going out after school ends for the day." She says and jumps on her bed.
I also hop on the bed along with her.
"Grace I'm so happy! So glad, I really like him. He's my prince charmingggg!" She shrieks and I laugh.

We both laugh and jump on the bed holding each other's hands. We make our hair bounce like those girls in the shampoo ad and finally collapse on the bed.

"Vanessa," I say panting and she turns her head to face me.
"Yes Gracie Pracie?" She asks, the glint in her eye shinier than ever.

"Remember; no kissing, no sex, no booze, no drugs. If he still sticks around after you refusing to do all that-"
"He is the perfect guy." She completed and I grin, repeating my dad's words. I really miss him.

"Shall we go to school together then?" I ask her and she pouts.
"Simon is coming to pick me up." She says almost guiltily and I smile at her.
"It's okay. I should leave now. See ya later." I say but Vanessa has already gone back to texting.

I sigh and leave the room to collect my bag and other stuff from my own room. It would have been really nice to have some friends. I have Vanessa and Mel, but ever since they've got guys, I've been sidetracked. This shouldn't affect me, they're supposed to give their boys a part of their attention. It's just that even I want someone. Not a boyfriend, but just a person who belongs to me completely and someone I don't have to share with anyone else. It would be nice to have someone you could call 'mine'.

I brush away my thoughts as I sit on my scooter and drive to school. Swerving lanes and traffic, I arrive and park the vehicle within the school premises. I can see Alastair's rusty motorbike and Mel's beetle. Since she's already turned eighteen, her dad bought her a car two months earlier.

I walk towards my locker to see Mel standing there with Albert. She often says she loves his intelligence, that's why they're always talking. Even now, he's speaking about something and Mel is looking at him lovingly.

"Ahem." I say to get her attention and she jumps to hug me.
"Gracie I've missed you." She gushes and I roll my eyes at her.
"So you finally have time for me." I sarcastically mutter and she juts out her lower lip.

"Albert and I are in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. The kissing and sneaking out for dates will only last for a while anyways, let's make the most of it." She declares and Albert blushes.

What Melissa doesn't realize is that she isn't as soft voiced as she thinks she is. It's quite the opposite actually. Some members of her older clique walk by, giving her disgusted looks, one of whom is Sassy. I wonder if she's just come after another make out session with Alastair. Hush, don't think about it.

"Whoa." I say after the group of people turn about the corridor.
"Ignore them. I can't believe I used to be one of those plastic bitches." She rolls her eyes and Albert keeps a supportive hand on her shoulder.

"Anyways Alb, I'll see you later. I and Gracie will spend the next few days together. We've got a lot of catching up to do." She winks at me and Albert bends in to kiss her before they seperate. I avert my eyes. When you actually kiss, it might be fun; but looking at others doing it right in front of you can be kind of weird.

Melissa and I talk all the way to class. I wave her goodbye when I enter Mr. Steward's classroom and she walks off to her own.

As soon as I get inside, Stuart throws a ball at me from the last bench and I catch it just in the nick of time,
"Good one G!" He hollers from the last bench and I grin at him.
"Who allowed you to get the ball to class?" I ask as I throw it back at him.
"The government, of course." He teases and the girls sitting around him almost drool.

We don't notice when Mr. Steward enters the classroom and all the students become quiet.
I turn around and see him glaring at us through the narrow slits that are his eyes. I gulp and walk back to my place.

"Mr. York and Ms. Hyde, if I have your permission, can I start my class without any further disruptions regarding some balls?" He says and someone snorts while there is muffled laughter around the class, obviously due to the double meaning.

"Yes sir, you may start the class. There won't be any more ball issues." Stuart says and Mr. Steward gives him a tight smile, ignoring all the laughing students.

Not more than five minutes pass that Stuart throws a chit on my desk.

Now wasn't that fun? ;) ;D

I nod without turning back and he chuckles. After class uneventfully gets over, I heave a sigh of relief at not getting into trouble and bid Stuart goodbye. He just grins and taps my head.

Today was good. Maybe if I become a little bit more confident and open, I'll have more fun. I don't think I've missed out on anything, but causing trouble at times feels great.