57

It was mid September. My 18th birthday was the best birthday of my life. Alastair was also teaching me how to drive. Except for the time when I almost crashed the car and the time when we ended up making out in the car, the lessons were exceedingly great.

My day was going well, when I saw Emily standing near Alastair's locker. My jealous button got switched on. I knew that he had eyes for no one else but me, but my insecurities still surfaced every time. He came up to his locker with some boys after his class got over. I stood there and watched what was going on. She instinctively came up and said something to him. He was trying to avoid her, but she was almost pleading, running her hands across his arms, his chest and then his fingers. I was about to explode. Yes, yes, he was trying to keep his hands off her, but she was too persistent.

And then, I had a totally crazy idea. It almost gave me an adrenaline rush. To do it or not, I was confused, but then she kept her hand on his chest. And I kind of just exploded. I stalked up to them and kept a hand around Alastair's neck. He was taken aback a bit but he anyways kept his hand on my waist. I gave one smirk to Emily, held Alastair's hair and turned him to face me, and landed a kiss square on his lips.

He was stiff and I could hear murmurs. The corridor wasn't that crowded but I could feel Emily's eyes on us. I pulled away after a good 5 seconds and looked at Emily straight in the eye,"I know he's cute, but he's mine." and I literally just flopped away after that. Whoa. The look on her face was PRICELESS. She was fuming, and I could almost see the smoke emerging out of her ears.

Hopefully, she won't mess around with him now. I felt a tinge of guilt for doing that to her. What if she loved him? It might have killed her to see what she had just witnessed. But then, no, she did not love him. You can't love someone you just met two days ago. She wanted him. And what part of committed did she not get? You can't jump on other girls' boyfriends.

I was sitting on a bench at the ground when Alastair zoomed up to me.
"What was that?" He asked, tousling his hair.

"What?" I asked nonchalantly.
"That kiss in the hallway?" He said exasperatedly. I could see his blush even though he was all annoyed.

"I put my point across to her." I said.
"That wasn't the way."
"Well, she just can't feel you up like that!"
"Gracie."
"You've punched the guts of the guys who have even looked at me. How can I just stare when she was touching you here and there?"
"Okay I get it. Calm down. My concern is, what if the teachers had seen us?"
"We're 18. We can make babies, and they still can't say anything to us."
"But there are certain disciplinary rules."
"Okay sorry."
"Don't say sorry now. You know it's always okay with you."

It was true. I had found love at the age of 17. I used to be an ugly teen. Oily skin, acne problems, bad hair days, pudgy features. No boy used to notice me. I wasn't ugly, but I wasn't beautiful either. I was just plain. What they call 'cute.' I still felt cute is a term you use when someone is not pretty enough, but you don't make them wanna feel bad, so you use it anyways. My 15th, 16th and 17th birthdays, were all spent with friends. Not exactly friends, just some girls who were nerds like me. It was also true that Alastair taught me to live, take chances. I was a boring soul. He took me to parties, made me meet people, cured me of my fears and made me fall in love. I sat behind him on that bike and we set off towards my home. Emily wouldn't take that insult lying down. She'll do something pathetic soon.

•••

Around the end of the month, I had a terrible tummy ache and vomiting fits. Could I be pregnant? There was no chance of that. We hadn't done anything as extreme as that. But what if somehow it happened, but it was impossible.

I asked Mel. She just rolled her eyes and said, kissing and making out doesn't make you pregnant, as far as you still have clothes on.

We always had clothes on, so yeah no pregnancy scare. I later got to know that it was an acute case of viral fever and tummy infection.

I had to miss school for a week straight. Alastair came to meet me in the evening. He had got some chicken soup.

"I hate soups." I whined.
"It's good for you." He said, checking my body heat with his hands.
"I don't want it." I said, clutching my tummy.
"You do." And he shoved a spoon of it in my mouth.

I looked at him helplessly. He had also brought a list of lessons and concepts that had been taught in class. How thoughtful of him.

He left after a while. On the third day of my sickness, I recieved a text from Mel.

There are rumours going around in school. -M

What? -G

That you are pregnnt -M

Who the f said that? -G

Idk, there's a text on everyone's phones. -M

I didnt recieve it! What text? -G

That you are absent since so many days coz youre pregnant, its Alastairs baby. -M

But thats crap! I have viral fever! -G

Ik yaa.. The whole of senior batch has recieved that text. Theres also a picture attached. -M

Forward that text and pic to me... -G

I was intrigued beyond words now. Who had so much of envy or the drive to do such stupid things?

My phone vibrated. Mel had sent the text. I picked it up to check what it was.

Senior batch of Presidency Convent, our very own couple, Alastair and Gracie aren't as innocent as they seem. Gracie Hyde is absent since so many days since she had an abortion, she was pregnant. Yes, hard to believe but that's the truth. What is worse is that their kinky baby making happened within the school premises.

*Attachment.*

I opened the picture to see it was me and Alastair in an embrace, the background behind carefully edited to one of the school classrooms.

___________________________
Vote and comment :)