50

Next morning, I prepared breakfast for him and kept it with a note on the dining table. I kissed his cheek and left for home. We both had bunked school.
I entered the house to see mom standing there, looking cross. Uh oh. Explanations.

"Where were you the whole night?" She asked her hands folded across her chest.
"Alastair's apartment." I said, my eyes glued to my feet.
"Grace, do you have any actual idea about how worried we were? Did you even bother to check your phone? I trust you enough to know that you may haven't done anything wrong, but just tell me did you have unprotected..."
I cut her off. "Mom!" I shrieked.
She smiled sheepishly. "Just asking."
"He lost his dad." I said, each word weighing heavy.

She gasped with a sharp intake of breathe. "Poor baby! Is he okay? Get him home Gracie! Did you handle him well?" There she goes. My mom on my boyfriend's side now. Everyone absolutely loved him.

I trudged to my room. Academics were lagging far behind. I immediately sat to revise. I was a nerd at heart, after all.

Studying also seems difficult once you're in love. I was drifting into his dreams time and again. Thinking about him, how he used to look at me, sighhhh.

I completed a considerable bit of my portion when mom came in the room. "Do one thing. Call him home. For dinner." And she left after that. I just stared after her. Then I texted him.

Alastair... -G

Yes babydoll -A

Can you come over tonight for dinner? -G

Nah, no more trouble for you all, I've been over enough times already. -A

Mums inviting you idiot -G

Oh okay. Den ill come.. Be ready, ill ask for your hand.. -A

And then ill reject you, nice ending huh? -G

You won't be able to reject me.. You are too deep into my charms.. ;) -A

You wish!!! -G

:* -A

Be here @ 7:00 ok? -G

Yea yea! -A

Im glad to see you back to your cocky self :) -G

Im trying to be okay.. -A

You will, im here :* -G

Ik, i wont let you leave so easily. -A

I loved this pretty little banter. Things are finally going to be okay.

He arrived at around 7:05 pm, and my mum like the caring woman she is, immediately went upto him and enveloped him into a hug. He was stiff at first, but then he gradually hugged her back. Even the sight of him like this, pained me. He longed for a family. He handed her a bouquet of flowers and complimented her,"You look lovely today, Mrs. Hyde."

The moment she turned away, he blew me a flying kiss. I turned into various shades of red. Guys don't change.

He took a seat at the first seat while mom settled on the head seat. Vanessa came blushing from behind and sat across Alastair. Did she seriously not have a crush on him? It might be a senior player attraction thing. She was always giggling around him. I swear I'll kill her if she goes too close to him.
I served each one of them food amd then I took my own serving and sat next to him. Mom had already asked everything about his dad's demise.
"So Alastair and Gracie," Vanessa started,"Which colleges are you two gonna apply for?"

"Probably Seattle University." I said.
"Probably where she goes off to." Alastair said.

Vanessa giggled. She found this whole setting very romantic, I assume.
"What will happen if you can't make it work? Like, you two are posted at different places?" Now that's something I haven't thought of. I look expectantly at Alastair.

"Our grades are good enough to make us land at the same place. Let's just hope. We have stood together through almost every obstacle life has thrown at us, we'll stand against any other too." He said and held my hand from beneath the table. I intertwined my fingers tightly through his. All relationships go through shit, real relationships get through shit. We completed dinner and walked outside and walked around in the lawn, holding hands.

"What are your future plans?" He asked.
I kept my head on his shoulder. "It will all be here in Seattle itself. Why are you asking?"

"Just... What if we have to maintain a long distance relationship?" He asked.
"There are mobiles, Skype and flights for visiting. We're 18 after all. And there's love. It will be possible."
I let go of his arm and stood in front of him, we were now behind some hedges where no one could see us.

"You're mine okay? Don't even think of leaving Seattle." I said, our foreheads touching.
"We will always be unfinished business." He said and leaned in close so I could smell the mint he ate after dinner.

And then he crashed his lips to mine. Those familiar fireworks burst at the back of my mind. He sucked onto my lower lip which made me clutch his curls even tighter. He pulled me in deeper while his tongue traced around my lips, asking for access. I opened my mouth so that his tongue dvelwed deeper inside my mouth. Our tongues played with each other, totally in sync. I bit his upper lip which made him groan, and I felt a womanly sense of satisfaction and pleasure. His fingers trailed around my face, into my hair and then near my neck. Our breathes grew heavier and my feet were starting to give in. I was going weak in the knees. Hadn't he been there to hold me, I might have fallen. I suddenly felt alive, each cell of my body bursting in flames on his contact. I couldn't help but smile while I kissed him. And he smiled too. We pulled apart, breathing as if we'd been running since a long time. His seductive lips were red and puffed up. I could see a lot of things in his eyes; regret, guilt, happiness, arousal, sadness, but most of all; hunger.

___________________________
Vote and comment :)