Aha!!

Scar's Perspective-

"Hey Scar, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey." Martyn said to his friend, jumping up in down in a jittery mess.

"Yeah?" Scar asked, not really present in their conversation.

He was still thinking about that creature he saw last night.

"I was wondering where you were! Thank cod you haven't gone to ah-far." Martyn said, snickering as he put a telescope over his eye.

Or at least what looked like a telescope.

"Where'd you get that?" Scar asked, ignoring Martyn's pun.

"Everything alright?" Martyn asked, lowering the thing from his eye and looking a bit concerned, "You love my puns, yet you didn't laugh."

"Oh..." Scar started awkwardly laughing and Martyn narrowed his eyes.

"Fake laugh. Come on, what's up?"

"Hey guys!" Mumbo smiled, walking over to them.

Martyn waved back and smiled.

He then continued to question Scar.

"What's that?" Mumbo asked, pointing to the thing in Martyn's hand.

"Oh, a girl gave me a kaleidoscope earlier."

"Why?"

"She said that her friend really liked me, but she got too scared to give it to me in person."

Mumbo nodded in understandment and then turned to Scar.

"Alright, so why are we questioning Scar?" He asked.

"Because Scar's thinking about something but he's not telling me what."

Martyn then smirked, "Who's got your head in the clouds?"

Scar sighed, "No one, Martyn. I'm just thinking."

Martyn blinked, "You know, I think that's the first honest answer you've told me today."

Scar rolled his eyes, smiling a bit.

"There it is!" Martyn smiled, hugging his friend.

Scar laughed, pushing Martyn off, who was also chuckling lightly.

"Wait," Mumbo said, looking at Scar, "Is this about what you told me last night?"

Scar hesitated and nodded.

"What about last night? What do I not know?" Martyn asked.

Mumbo patted his back, checking his watch.

"I'll explain at lunch, come on, we gotta go to class."

-

During classes, Scar could feel Martyn's eyes on him.

Martyn also never hesitated to make more 'Aha' puns.

"Why thank you for keeping the door ah-jar." Martyn said, smiling at the teacher who merely rolled her eyes, though a smile was still on her face.

Eventually, lunch came, and Scar walked to his usual table, where Mumbo and Martyn were waiting.

I wonder if I'll ever see that creature again... He thought as he sat down.

"So..." Mumbo said, awkwardly twiddling his thumbs, "Scar, do you wanna tell Martyn what happened?"

"Er- can you? I'm still...confused."

Mumbo nodded and filled Martyn in with the bird creature.

"So you thought it was a human?" Martyn asked after Mumbo finished.

Scar nodded.

It was a bit weird as it was one of the rare occurrences where Martyn was serious.

"It wasn't though. I know it wasn't." Scar said, "It looked human, but it had giant parrot wings."

"Are you sure you weren't just seeing things?" Martyn asked, "Maybe it was just a giant bird."

Martyn tried to laugh but when he saw Scar's face, he shut up.

"It wasn't. I'll find it tonight and take a picture of it to show you."