A Whisper of A Million Words

Scar's Perspective-

Scar sighed as he sat down in class.

"What's wrong?" Mumbo asked.

Scar gave him a look and Mumbo nodded, understanding that it was something with Grian.

"We're going to meet up later though. At least...I hope we do. We might've got caught." Scar muttered.

Mumbo gasped, "Wait, really?"

"Oooo! Who's your new boyfriend?"

Kaley smirked as she turned around to face the two boys.

Kaley was the kind of girl who did everything in her power to be popular and went of her way to make everyone's lives miserable. The only problem was that now she was starting to get popular, which gave her more power.

Scar and Mumbo shut up, ignoring her.

"Come onnnn. I heard you mention something about a forbidden love."

"Who said anything about forbidden?" Scar asked.

Kaley rolled her eyes, "You said that you two might get caught, that you'll meet up later. Sounds pretty secret and hush hush to me. Definitely forbidden love."

"Yeah, well it's none of your business." Mumbo snapped and Kaley smirked.

"Any business at this school is my business."

"Kaley, stop acting like you're the queen bee, you're just a dumbass." Scar said before yawning.

Mumbo snickered and Kaley looked disgusted.

"You cannot be talking." She said.

"Neither can you." Scar said, sounding bored as he leaned back in his chair.

"You- UGH!" Kaley shouted, stomping her foot on the ground as she turned back around in her seat.

Later That Night-

Scar took a deep breath as he pedaled towards the old, abandoned farm.

I hope Gri's not in trouble.

Scar smiled as he saw Grian there.

"Gri!"

Grian gasped as Scar tackled him into a hug.

"Uh- h-hey Scar! You don't need to be so worried." Grian said, awkwardly patting Scar's head.

"But I felt so bad. I thought you got caught and- "

"Well I did." Grian said, breaking apart from the hug as he interrupted Scar.

"Then...what?"

Grian giggled and Scar blushed.

"You see, it was my mom who saw us. We argued for a bit but I think she's okay with you."

"Really?"

"No...but I think it's fine!"

Scar looked worried and Grian laughed, patting Scar's head again.

"Don't worry."

Scar blushed.

They were so close.

Scar put his hand on Grian's cheek and Grian turned red.

"Er- Scar?"

Scar realized what he was doing and laughed nervously.

"Er- there was...something on your face."

Grian nodded, looking uncomfortable.

"Scar there's...there's something we need to talk about." Grian said, looking down at the ground as he rubbed his arm nervously.

"What's that?"

"I- the other day when I was eating a cookie...er- you called me adorable."

Scar flushed red and pink from embarrassment.

"And I was just wondering what you meant by that." Grian said.

There was a beat of silence before Scar took a deep breath.

"What I meant?"

Grian nodded.

"I meant what I said."

Grian looked up at Scar.

"So that means...you like me?"