meeting her for the first time (requested)

You took another photo of the city as you walked down the street.

At this point, your phone is full of pictures of the beautiful sights you've seen as you explore South Korea.

You're currently traveling solo and though your parents told you that it wasn't a good idea to do that before you left home, you're having the time of your life and you're so happy that you chose to do this.

You took a couple more pictures before slipping your phone back into your pocket.

Ahead of you was a unique-looking coffee shop with a fantastic view of the city and you knew you just had to go in there.

Stepping inside, a little bell on the door rang, catching the attention of one of the workers there.

It was early in the day still so it was unsurprisingly empty inside with just a couple of other people seated in the cozy little coffee shop.

You made your way up to the counter and stared at the menu.

You know how to speak Hangul but you often struggle with the pronunciation and reading the characters.

So you decided to take your time, especially since you know how much the locals dislike foreigners due to the language barrier.

"Can I help you?" The girl behind the counter asked, the words falling from her lips in Korean.

You took a look at the barista and saw that she was wearing a uniform and a face mask, so you weren't able to really see her face.

"One second." You said back to her.

The girl nodded and patiently waited and while she did so, she couldn't help but notice how cute you looked.

Your forehead was wrinkled due to the struggle of reading the menu posted above the counter.

She waited a couple more minutes, as patient as can be, until you were ready to order.

"Okay, I figured it out." You said before ordering what you wanted.

"Is that all?"

You paused for a moment as you stood there, swearing that you'd heard that voice before.

It sounded so familiar and now that you're looking at the barista, you can't help but notice how familiar her eyes look, too.

But you shrugged it off, thinking it was probably nothing.

You opened your wallet to pay and the girl behind the counter quickly noticed the picture in your wallet.

It was of her.

Soojin.

She froze as she realized that she had encountered a fan, one that didn't seem to recognize her just yet.

You put your card in the reader, only for it to be declined.

"Crap. Hang on a second." You said before pulling your phone out of your pocket.

You generated a QR code, but Soojin was quick to notice something before that.

Your lock screen.

It was of her.

It worked and your order was quickly brought out.

"Here you go," Soojin said with a smile, though you didn't see it because of her mask.

"Thank you!"

You exited the coffee shop to go drink your coffee while overlooking the incredible view.

"I'm taking my break!" Soojin shouted before hurrying out to where you were sitting.

And when she got out there, she quickly noticed that you had your phone on the table with old performances of OT6 (G)I-DLE videos playing.

She smirked to herself and made her way over to you before sitting down beside you.

"You're a fan of (G)I-DLE?"

"Yes! A diehard fan. I'm OT6 though. I love all the girls but I miss Soojin a lot."

She nodded her head.

"What's your favorite song?"

"Hm... that's tough. I'd say Seniorita."

"I love that one."

"It's a great song." You said before pausing the video.

"You're a fan of Soojin?"

"Yeah. I miss her so much. She's so beautiful and has such a stunning voice. She's what got me into the group. It's not the same without her, though I still love the girls a lot."

Suddenly, her face mask was removed and put aside and your eyes went wide when you saw that it was Soojin.

"Hi."

"Oh, my god." You said with a grin. "Hi!"

"Thank you for being a fan." She said. "I appreciate it."

"You're welcome." You smiled. "How have you been?"

"Good. Things are good." She said. "Even better since you entered the coffee shop."

Your smile grew and Soojin was quick to notice.

"You're beautiful."

"Thanks." You shyly said. "So are you."

"Are you just traveling or are you moving here?"

"I'm just traveling right now. I had to enter the coffee shop because the view is to die for. I'm so happy I did."

"I am too." She said. "What's your name, by the way?"

"Y/N."

"It's wonderful to meet you, Y/N. Your name is pretty... like you."

"Thanks." You giggled.

"Listen I have to get back to work but are you free tonight?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because I'd like to take you out on a date."

"Are you serious, Soojin?"

"Yeah. I like you. Would you let me take you out?"

"Of course. I'd love that!"

She smiled brightly at you and your knees grew weak at the sight.

"Okay. Meet me here in a few hours and we'll go out."

"Sounds perfect." You grinned from ear to ear.

She leaned over and kissed your cheek softly.

"By the way, I like your lock screen." She winked, making you shake your head with a smile as she got up.

You swore that this was the greatest day of your entire life.

And you couldn't wait for tonight.