𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 "𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥" 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐇𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐨

𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 "𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥" 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐇𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐨. Everyone had their own strict beliefs, and anyone who didn't share the same thoughts or feelings; utterly suffered to say the least. Kyra knew that better than anyone.

A few years ago, her own family kicked her to the curb the moment they figured out she was a lesbian. You see, Kyra's mother and father were intense believers of opposite sex marriages. They expected the blonde haired woman to grow up, marry a rich man, and give them plenty of grandchildren.

Except, Kyra had never been remotely attracted to anyone with a penis. Sure, she thought some of them were handsome, but she'd never see them in a romantic or sexual way. That's just not how Kyra was built. Even as a kid, she'd always gush at any of her female teachers while everyone else crooned over the conveniently attractive males.

It took the woman the longest time period to figure out her sexuality. But the moment another female's soft lips connected with Kyra's, all of her uncertainties vanished away. She'd grown to accept who she truly was, despite being born into a society full of people who did not.

Sometimes, Kyra disliked the fact she liked women because a majority of the time... either they were straight, or they had a boyfriend. The second scenario was what was currently happening to Kyra as she spoke, and it tore the woman's heart into shreds. She sat beside Sam Carpenter in front of Cardinal Lanes with her hands folded over her lap.

The woman had to be the beautifulest person Kyra ever had the opportunity to lay her blue eyes upon in her whole life. Samantha, her full name; had shimmering brown hair that went way down past her shoulders with eyes the same color. They resembled dark chocolate in Kyra's opinion, which was her favorite candy.

In contrast, Kyra looked extremely different from her. Their nationalities weren't even the same seeing as she's Australian while Sam's Mexican. Kyra had the basic blonde hair and blue eyes that everyone else seemed to share nowadays. She always wondered what she could change about herself so she'd stand out more to Sam. But then again, Kyra wanted the woman to like her for her, and she did not even know if Sam was bisexual or not.