𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

"𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐮𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐬," 𝐊𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫

They'd all made it out of the hospital and were standing outside, their whole bodies feeling numb entirely. Why the hell did Dewey have to do that, he could've survived this whole thing if he hadn't. The sun was beginning to rise from the horizon, making the sky such a pretty color despite all that they'd seen in the past twenty-four hours.

The doors opened up from in the back of them to reveal a bunch of paramedics carrying out yet another dead body, and Kyra attempted to blink away the tears that were proceeding to form in her illuminating eyes. Sam nudged Kyra's side quickly out of the middle of nowhere, causing the blonde to shoot her a confused glance. Her head was tilted in the direction of Gale Weathers, who had arrived immediately onto this whole crime scene.

She'd changed her dress into a dark blue one, and her black hair flowed majestically as she hurried forward, nothing but an awestruck expression plastered across her whole face. Gale was trying to go towards the covered body it seemed, murmuring a disheveled, "No!" under her breath.

Out of pure impulse, Sam and Kyra moved towards her at the same time, preventing the older woman from moving forward towards Dewey's dead body. She was surely better off not seeing it, but that didn't stop Gale's tears as she glowered over at the clothed figure. They held the woman there steadily, and Gale didn't even try to fight them off as her naturally chill exterior broke, her body shaking from the harsh sobs.

A little while later, they'd already gotten Tara emitted back into the hospital with police officers practically swarming her hallway. Sam made sure of that one. She hadn't woken up yet because she passed out in Kyra's arms from the shock, but she hoped the younger woman would be alright. Tara was really strong either way, surviving two attacks. Nothing too much was really happening besides that. Out in the waiting room area, Gale sat there frowning, appearing as if she were lost in her own thoughts. Sam and Kyra exchanged glances, not knowing if it was a good idea to approach her at this time. For all they knew, Gale could possibly blame the two of them for Dewey's death.