𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬. Kyra lived in Woodsboro all of her childhood, until the big falling out of her whole family which caused her to leave. Of course, she occasionally snuck back into this town to see some of her friends. How her family never found out about it amazed Kyra. Honestly, they probably did know their queer daughter still lurked around once in a while, but they didn't care.

Now, Kyra was an adult, but the pain of her family's rejection hadn't vanished away from her mind and soul. Especially whenever she witnesses a huge family being happy and laughing together as if there wasn't any problems in this world. She envied them, to say the least. Maybe that's why she got along with Sam Carpenter so well. Both of the women had trauma with the people who were supposed to shelter them all the rotten things this life had to offer.

When she drove past the Woodsboro sign, Kyra nearly inhaled a deep breath of relief. She knew she had no intentions of ever coming back to this god-forsaken town. And by the sounds of it, none of their traveling crew did either. They all almost died here, could you really blame them? The drive would take days to get successfully to New York, with several stops along the way to rest and sleep. Basic human things.

A few days after Kyra got out of the hospital, Chad and Mindy did too, looking quite shaken up but still happy to be alive. Kyra didn't know how Chad even survived, he'd been stabbed what seemed like a million times. Mindy passed out from the blood loss just like Kyra did. They both knew what it felt like to be stabbed, and trust me, it's not a pleasant feeling. Sam kept checking up on Kyra throughout the whole two weeks they all spent packing. It was almost like the eldest Carpenter woman was searching desperately for an excuse to be around her; not that Kyra's going to complain anytime soon.

Speaking of that, her and Sam were currently on a facetime right now in the middle of the car. Obviously the phone wasn't in Kyra's hands because that would be completely unsafe, it was hung up with an installation on her vents. The two women mutually agreed it'd be great if they all tried to stay in contact the best they could. Just in case they managed to get separated on the road from the rest of the traffic. Kyra gazed around her, the woman's hands gripping the driver's wheel. Cars were all around her, some going way faster than others. To be fair, they were in the middle of an intersection right now.