Chapter 4 ~ Casey

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

The front door to Ryley's old house in Lima slowly crept open. Ryley walked inside with Ryder, Marley, Jake, Ethan and Danielle. Today was the day she was going to look through everything that is left in this house before it is sold.

It had been only last week that Ethan found Ryley and Anna was arrested for abuse and neglect. For the last week, Ryley had been staying with Ethan and Danielle in their hotel room but soon they would have to get back to their lives in Washington DC.

For the week Anna abused Ryley, Anna didn't feed her. Ryder took Ryley to an all you can eat buffet 2 days after she arrived in hospital. It was her first day out of hospital so she ate and ate and ate which made her skinnier body turn into her normal average size.

Now, walking into the home Ryley once shared with her Grandma gave her both the creeps and a large amount of sadness. All the memories of last year that held in this house came back to her; telling her Grandma she got the lead in the musical, introducing her best friends to her Grandma, the times spent with Ryder in her room and Prom.

Her Grandma's lawyer was coming over later to read to Ryley and Ethan along with everyone else the will Emily Stewart left behind.

But for now, all they were going to do was look through boxes and cupboards for stuff that is worth keeping.

"Hey Rye, come look at this." Ryder calls out, looking at a photo. Ryley goes up to Ryder and looks at the photo.

The photo is of Ryley as a baby in her Grandma's arms. Ryley's little sparkling blue eyes stuck out easily when she was a baby and the little layer of brown hair on her head suited her perfectly at that age.

"Keeper?" Ryder asks.

"Yup." Ryley says, taking it out of his hand and then kissing his lips lightly.

After looking through stuff for quite a while, Alistair Montgomery, Ryley's Grandma's lawyer, arrived with the will. Alistair was a short and stubby man with black hair that was balding and beard that didn't leave his chin. They all sit at the table to hear the wills reading.

"If you are reading this will, it must mean I have passed on. Maybe from a car crash, a heart attack, drowning or just natural causes," Alistair says, reading from the letter Emily Stewart left behind as her will, "I updated this during the summer of 2014. To my dearest only granddaughter Ryley, I leave half of my money, the motorbike that is already yours and anything else in our old home that you want. To my dearest only grandson, Ethan, I leave property, anything from my house you want, the other half of my money and my car."

Ethan and Ryley smile at each other and Ethan grabs onto his little sisters hand across the table, giving it a small squeeze.

They think that is all that is on the will but Alistair coughs and reads on, "Lastly, I leave Ryder Lynn and Danielle Crawford my love and the to protect my only two grandchildren. Please love them and protect them at all costs. Yours sincerely, Emily Stewart."

Ryder looks shocked to have heard his name mentioned in the will. He could see Danielle sharing the same reaction  as him too. Emily gave him the protection of one of her only two grandchildren. He promises inside his head to Emily that he will protect and love Ryley forever.

------------------------------------------

"I would like th say welcome back to Ryley Bridges!" Will says during the next Glee club meeting.

"Thank you. I just wish I didn't return on such sad circumstances." Ryley says, her eyes looking at one of the bruise still on her arm.

"Now I have recieved the competition for Sectionals this year and we are facing the Dalton Academy Warblers and the Hipsters." Will says.