Chapter 22 ~ Love Bug

Prom has arrived!

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

"So how's the new father-daughter relationship you've started with your dad?" Ryder asks as he and Ryley walk to Glee club, hand in hand.

"It's going great. We've been skyping and talking on the phone since he's all the way in LA." Ryley says.

"You do know that Nationals this year is in LA?" Ryder asks.

"They are!?" Ryley says, sounding happy and questioning her boyfriend.

"They are." Ryder says.

"That means my dad can see me perform." Ryley says. She takes her phone out to text her dad the news. Ryder smiles and they arrive at the choir room. They see the Glee club plus some familiar faces. To be exact, Blaine Anderson, Sam Evans, Santana Lopez, Brittany Pierce and Mercedes Jones.

"Blaine, Sam, Santana, Brittany, Mercedes and Joe are here to help us with Prom." Will says to the Glee club. Ryley and Ryder take their seats.

"What are the songs?" Marley asks.

Will passes out the song lists.

"Sam and I are singing a Jonas Brothers song?" Blaine asks.

"You got a problem with the Jonas Brothers?" Sam asks Blaine.

"No." Blaine mumbles, looking back at the song list.

------------------------------------

Prom arrives and Ryder walks in with Ryley on his arms. He's wearing a simple black tuxedo with  a dark pink bowtie and Ryley is wearing a pink dress that goes to her mid thigh. They find Jake and Marley on the dancefloor as the band just play a song for people to dance around to before the first song performed by the New Directions + Graduates starts.

Jake is wearing a black suit with a red tie while Marley is wearing a red dress that goes to her mid thigh area. They look like a full on power couple.

"Marley, you look stunning. Jake, you look very dashing." Ryley says.

"Agreed." Ryder says.

Ryley hugs Marley then Jake.

"Let's dance." Jake says to Marley.

"Let's." Ryder says to Ryley.

The first song of the night begins. Sam and Blaine are on stage with their back up singers being Charlie and Michael. Sam has his guitar for the acoustic parts.

[Blaine:]

Called you for the first time yesterday

Finally found the missing part of me

Felt so close but you were far away

Left me without anything to say

[Sam:]

Now I'm speechless

Over the edge, I'm just breathless

I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again

Hopeless, head over heels in the moment

I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again

[Sam (Blaine):]

I can't get your smile out of my mind

(I can't get you out of my mind)