Chapter 21 ~ Dad

Here is the answers to the cliffhanger.

PS. Previous times, Ryley's dad is called Chris but I remembered that their already is a dad called Chris on Glee (Finn's dad) so I've changed it to Kieran)

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

She gulps then finally speaks, "Dad?"

"Ryley." The man at the door says.

Ryley stays at her spot on the steps. Ryder puts his hand on her hand that is resting on the stair case frame.

"What are you doing here?" Ryley asks.

"I heard about what happened with you and your mother. I'm deeply sorry. Anna always had worse alcohol and drugs problems than me." Ryley's dad, Kieran says.

"Didn't you go to rehab?" Ryder asks, speaking up.

"I did but I got better. I even got a note of approval from my therapist to say I'm better." Kieran pulls out a piece of paper that he unfolds. He hands it to Ryley, walking up to her. Millie closes the door behind Kieran as he walks in.

Ryley takes the piece of paper from Kieran and scans it. It looks and sounds legit, "How am I sure you didn't get this from one of your druggie pals?"

"I have changed, Ryley," Kieran begs, "I live in LA now. I live with my fiancée, Claire now and she's pregnant with my son who I'm going to hopefully name Blake if Claire will let me."

"I'm going to be a big sister." Ryley says.

"A big half sister to be exact." Kieran says.

Ryley smiles, "I believe you. More than I did when Anna came. She told me that she was fine but I didn't believe her."

Kieran smiles, "Can I be apart of your life?"

"Yes." Ryley says. She walks down the remaining steps and hugs her dad. They let go and walk into the living room, where Jake and Marley have finished their movie.

The father and daughter sit down. Ryder sits down next to Ryley, grabbing her hand.

"I want you to meet all my friends," Ryley says, "This, holding my hand, is my boyfriend, Ryder Lynn who I love a lot."

"Hello Ryder." Kieran says with a warm smile.

"Hi." Ryder says.

"Over there," Ryley says, pointing at Marley sitting on Jake's lap in the arm chair, "Is my best friend, Marley Rose and her boyfriend Jake Puckerman. This is Marley's house and the woman who answered the door for you is Millie Rose, Marley's mom."

"It's nice to meet you all." Kieran says.

All of them talk and Kieran catches up on Ryley's life.

--------------------------------------

No songs for this chapter. Just a short one.

Next chapter is Prom