Prolouge

Odette Cullen was a dreamer

Ever since she was a little girl, she had a habit of drifting off into her own fantasies. She had always dreamed the impossible, what it would be like to fly or if animals could talk. Her mother always scolded her, like any Mother would, telling her to be wary of her fantasies and keep track of real events that was happening before her. To enjoy the life she was living right now rather than the imaginary life that was in her head.

But at least in her imaginary life her Mother was still alive instead of buried six feet under.

Her Mother had fallen ill when she was 7 years old, quickly subcoming to the strong illness of pneumonia. After her Mother's death, her Father moved the pair near the countryside of London. That left Odette with only her Father, Carlisle Cullen.

Carlisle Cullen was a pastor. He expected things to be done a certain way. But nevertheless he was a compassionate young man who would do anything for his daughter. For his little Odette  was the only thing he had in this world, as he was Odette's. She was what motivated him to continue his late father's work and rid the world of evil, that way his pure-hearted daughter could grow in a good world. That way she would not fall victim to sin.

But that was before Carlisle had turned into the one thing that he tried to get rid of; a monster.

"Please be careful." Odette said, helping her Father put on his coat.

"You needn't worry, my daughter." Carlisle chimed, turning to look at his now 17 year old. "I will be back before the moon rises."

"You swear it?" She asked, biting the inside of her lip. He smiled, putting a gentle hand on her cheek. She sighed, nodding a bit before taking a step back. Carlisle kissed his daughter's head before walking outside to meet with more men who would be joining him on his escapade.

Watching her Father walk down the trail that led to London, Odette took a deep breath before letting out a short whistle. Hearing his daughter's call, he turned back too look at her. Giving a whistle back, he disappeared into the tree line towards, not knowing that it would be the last time she would see her dad human.

•••

It has been five weeks since Carlisle Cullen had went missing.

Five weeks that Odette Cullen had spent roaming the busy streets of London, just trying to catch a glimpse of him.

Five weeks of Odette crying at night over the thought that one of the monsters could've killed her Father.

And also five weeks of having to hear most townsmen talk about the poor girl and her poor situation.

The 17 year old knew something was wrong when it was past midnight and her Father still hadn't come back home. She tried to reason herself, saying that maybe he was just tired and decided to stay in a inn in London or something of the sorts. But as midnight turned into afternoon, and there was still no sight of him, she knew that something was terribly wrong.