Four

Putting the last box in the trunk of her car, Odette could only sigh

She liked Forks. It was quiet and the scenery was peaceful. And now she was forced to leave all that behind, all because of her angsty brother.

"What do you mean you aren't coming with us?" She heard Alice ask. Whipping her head around, she saw her talking to Edward, his head held down. Her eyes widened as she stared at her siblings, balling her fists up.

"I just... I want to be alone."

"Isolation isn't gonna make you feel any better!" Alice added, poking his chest. "It'll just make you feel worse."

"This is my choice Alice!" He snapped at her, gaining the attention of Jasper now, who paused loading in the last of the luggage into his own car as he stared at Edward cautiously. Alice's eyes widened a bit, taking a step back. This action made Edward sigh, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry... I... I just need a few weeks at least. Alright?"

Alice didn't respond, just walking around him and stepping into the car, making a point to slam the door shut.

"Well now you've done it." Odette said, coming up next to him. "You made Alice mad at you."

"Great.."

The blonde turned to the taller boy, grabbing his hand. "Listen, Edward, I know you think you deserve to be alone right now, but you know you don't. Right?"

"I know, I just need a few weeks to myself is all." He said, taking his hand away as he crossed his arms.

"I just... I remember what it was like the last time you went rogue."

"It won't be like the last time."

"Promise?"

"I swear."

"Ok." She sighed out. "But if you need anything, please come to us. Write, call, reach out to us somehow."

"I will." He said, finally looking at his older sister. Looking at her, she saw nothing but worry in her eyes. Odette cared about her family, about him. Even if she was a bit peeved at him, she didn't want him to cause any damage to himself. "Listen, don't daydream too much. Alright?"

"Please? Me? Daydream? I would never." She answered, waving her hand at him. Edward gave a lighthearted chuckle at her sarcasm before walking to his silver Volvo.

Edward was the first to leave Forks, leaving the family behind as he did so. Only Carlisle knew where he was going and he made the doctor promise to not tell anyone. Not even Esme or Odette.

"Odette, love, are you ready?" Rosalie asked, looping her arm around her's.

"Um... yeah. Yeah, let's head out."

"I'm gonna miss this place." Emmett commented before jumping into his jeep.

"We'll come back eventually." Carlisle sighed out, taking one last look at the house before getting into his own car with his wife.

The Cullens soon exited the mountain region, driving through the town of Forks for one last time, leaving it forever.

•••

The Cullens relocated to Ithaca, New York. It was a small town with a population of just 30,000. Carlisle had gotten a job in local clinic as a night doctor, that way there wasn't much of a chance of him getting exposed when it was supposed to be a sunny day.

Also not to cause suspicion, they bought a house 10 minutes away from the heart of town, the nearest neighbor being a couple miles down. There home was located near a forest for the Cullen's food supply, so all in all it was a pretty good relocation setting.

Odette sighed as she placed the final box of her's in the corner of her new room. It was on the second floor, the very last room down the hall to the right. It was small but cozy, and she got a pretty good view of the backyard from her window.

"It must be great being the oldest, getting first dibs on rooms, aye?" Emmett chuckled, leaning against her door frame. She smirked a bit, shrugging smugly at him. "The others and I were gonna go hunt, see if we can get used to our new woods. You feel like coming with us?"

"Sure, not like I have a million boxes to unpack." She replied, gesturing to her packed-up belongings.

"You have the rest of your life for that." He dismissed, grabbing her arm. "C'mon, live a little!"

"Ok, I'm coming!" She laughed, Emmett dragging her downstairs where the others were, the boxes in her room left untouched.