Four

Odette Cullen doesn't daydream anymore

Odette Cullen doesn't daydream anymore. Instead, she has replaced that habit for another one; overthinking.

She thinks about tiny things first; what else she has to do that night or what book she could read to pass the time. Then her thoughts get broader, such as what animals has she never hunted before or when her birthday was. But somehow, she goes from books, to animals, all back to one thing.

Alec Volturi.

She thinks about his hair, how it's a medium chestnut color that's swooped to one side. How it's long enough to barely cover his bright red eyes. She goes back to how he had taken her hand and kissed the top of it the first time they met, only when she had spoken her name.

Then she things about his personality. He was so sweet, so gentle, with her when they had first met. And every letter she receives from him just proves that fact, how he starts the writing with some adorning nickname and ends it with the same one. But she knows that behind that caring personality, there is a ruthless killer there. A vampire that has killed thousands without hesitation...

But she could look past that for true love.

And right now, she was looking past that.

'If he is my true love, which he is, then it is meant to be.' She thought, sitting next to her window. 'Why else would the universe, God, or Aphrodite herself set us up?'

A knock then came from the door, Alice coming in without permission. "Odette, family meeting." She said before walking out. Moving from her window seat, the blonde sped downstairs, forgetting her previous thoughts up in her room.

Sitting next to Rosalie and Esme, she was the last to arrive to the living room. Edward and Bella stood near the mantle, Emmett on the other side. Carlisle was sitting on the other side of Rosalie with Alice standing behind.

"There was a vampire in Bella's room today." Edward began, getting the family's attention instantaneously.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Alice asked, quirking a brow.

"Just a stranger. I didn't recognize the scent."

"A nomad passing through?"

"A passer-by wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie shot down Esme's theory, the mother nodding. Bella visibly shivers at the thought, Odette not missing the action. Shooting a concerned look at the human, her eyes move to the door when it opens, Jasper walking through.

"His scent disappeared about five miles of Bella's house."

"Someone's orchestrating this." Edward almost hissed, clenching his fists.

"Victoria?"

"I would've seen her coming."

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward gritted out, Odette glancing at him.