Five

Warning : this chapter goes into Rosalie Cullen's backstory, which briefly mentions assault

"I was thinking for the graduation party, we order catering." Alice hummed, pacing back and forth. "Maybe even a DJ? That would be nice, don't you think?" Looking over at her older sister, the smaller girl pouted when she saw the blonde more entertained with the strings of her hoodie than what she had to say. "Odette!"

"What?" She asked, dropping the strings that were twisted around her fingers.

"Are you even paying attention?" She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah. Catering, DJ, stuff like that. Sounds good." Odette nodded, spinning around in her rolling chair. "Seems kinda pointless though, we don't eat."

"Yeah, but the humans do." She pointed out, rolling her eyes. "What's up with you lately? You just seem so...?"

"So?" Odette asked, waiting for her to answer.

"Sad." Alice sighed, taking her sister's hands and pulling her up. Leading her to her bed, the smaller girl and blonde sat down. "Talk to your little sister, tell her all of your troubles."

Looking down at their hands, Odette sighed as she closed her eyes. What was wrong with her? The mood-swings she was going through were totally out of character for her. At one point she would be herself, and then she would start thinking. And those thoughts would lead straight to Alec, and when she thought about him she felt so lonely, even if she was surrounded by her caring family.

"I... I miss Alec." She stuttered, looking at Alice. "I miss him so much, Al. He's all I think about nowadays. I think about his hair, his voice, his eyes." Letting out a laugh, Odette shook her head. "You probably think I'm mad, don't you?"

"Oh, darling..." Alice tsked, moving the stray hairs behind her ear. "You aren't crazy, of course you aren't. It's just the soulmate bond talking if anything."

"How do I make myself feel better?" Odette asked, a desperate whine in her voice. "I'm tired of the mood-swings, I'm over the loneliness I feel."

"Um, you could try shopping. That always makes me feel better." Alice hummed, putting a hand on her cheek. Opening her mouth to say something else, Odette was interrupted by Alice's phone ringing. Sighing, the pixie-haired girl grabbed her phone, seeing the contact name.

"You should, uh, get that." Odette said, standing up.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, totally." The blonde smiled. "Thanks for listening." She assessed, heading towards Alice's

"Of course, anytime." She heard her little sister say before closing the door.

***

Entering the kitchen later that night from a hunt, Odette was surprised to see Bella sitting on the kitchen counter, Carlisle looking over her hand. "Woah, try to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Odette chuckled.