Two

It was night time at the Cullen's house

Emmett and Jasper was finishing setting up the living room, making it look somewhat festive. Alice supervised them, ordering them around if they did something that did not fit her standards. Rosalie sat on the couch, watching her siblings as she filed her nails, making them look symmetrical.

Carlisle and Esme watched their children in amusement, Carlisle having an arm wrapped around Esme lovingly. Esme had her head resting against her husband's chest, basking in her mates attention.

The patio door then opened, Odette coming in with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. "There we go." She hummed, placing them in a glass vase gently.

"Ok, we're all set then!" Alice cheered, clapping her hands excitedly. "T, go get Bella and Edward. They're in Carlisle's office." Odette smirked as she saluted playfully at her sister, heading up to her Father's office before Esme stopped her.

"Let me just..." she trailed off, grabbing a leaf from the blonde's hair. Odette just smiled bashfully before speeding up the stairs.

Stopping in front of Carlisle's door, she quietly opened it, seeing Edward and Bella in front of a painting that hung in Carlisle's office.

The painting of the Volturi.

The Volturi was essentially the government of vampires. It was led by three kings; Aro, Marcus, and Caius. The painting consisted of them plus Carlisle, who for a short period of time was apart of the aristocratic society.

"Francesco Solimena painted this; he often depicted the Volturi as Gods." She heard Edward say, wrapping an arm around Bella.

"Is that... Carlisle?" Bella asked in realization, pointing to the golden haired 'god'.

"Yes. He lived with them for a few decades. He describes them as very refined- for killers that is."

"And Odette wasn't apart of them?"

"No, I wasn't." Odette answered, gaining the attention of the two. "My Father didn't want me living with vampires like the Volturi. He was afraid that the Kings, specifically Aro Volturi," she gestured to the dark haired man that was in the middle-front of the painting, "would exploit me for my gift. So for 10 years I lived with the Denali Coven until my Father left the Volturi."

"Why did he leave?" Odette looked at Edward, staring at him for a second before looking back at Bella.

"Incompatible diets." She worded carefully before smiling. "We're ready for you two by the way." Odette then sped away, back downstairs with the rest of her family.

Not even a minute later, Bella and Edward appeared at the top of the steps. Bella stared at the living room, filled her pink candles and crystal vases filled with flowers. In all honesty, she wished she could disappear. But she knew that Edward wouldn't let her, so instead she just smiled bashfully.