Chapter 4: Meet Me

***Freen's Perspective***

Deo chuckled softly. "You looked absolutely surprised, Freen. Don't worry, you don't have to like me back if you don't feel the same way. It's okay if you don't react. I just wanted to make sure you know how I feel about you." He leaned in closer to the dashboard, turning up the volume on the stereo to break the silence that enveloped us in the car.

I remained motionless, staring straight ahead, overwhelmed by Deo's confession. He's my best friend, and he'll always hold a special place in my heart. But I don't think I love him in the same way he loves me. I let out a deep sigh, a tidal wave of emotions crashing over me, and I'm uncertain of how to navigate through them.

Deo pulled over in front of our house. "Thanks for today," I muttered, avoiding eye contact. I quickly exited the car and made my way into the house, where my mom greeted me. "How was your day? Have you had dinner yet?"

"It's been fine, Mom. We had a great time," I replied, mustering a fake smile as I looked at her. "I'm tired, so I'm going to my room now," I added, walking toward my room.

As I closed the door behind me, I flopped onto my bed and reached for my phone. I wondered how I should respond to Becky. Why did she suddenly care if I had a boyfriend or not? After what she did earlier, I couldn't comprehend her intentions. Finally, I started typing my response:

[What's wrong with you?]

Becky needed to understand that her actions were far from funny. She was toying with my emotions, making it impossible for me to focus on anything else. She needed to clarify things now. A notification popped up on my phone—it was Becky responding to me.

[beckyfanaccnt: What do you mean? I thought you liked me. Why are you hanging out with someone else?]

Why was she acting as if she owned me?

[What do you want from me? Why are you acting like you own me after completely ignoring me? Why do you suddenly care? I'm so confused right now.]

It didn't take long before she replied:

[beckyfanaccnt: I want you. I didn't mean to ignore you. Meet me at the park near the cinema tomorrow at 10:00 PM.]

So, she actually likes me? I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling, a smile spreading across my face as thoughts of Becky filled my mind. This might be the answer I've been searching for, right? To hear her say that she likes me. I know this love is unconventional—we're both girls, and I've never been attracted to a girl before. It's all so new to me. I have no idea what will happen, but I've never felt this excited about taking a risk. Our conversation continued.

[Okay, but how could you do that to someone you like?]

[beckyfanaccnt: I'll explain tomorrow. You're probably tired from keeping the guy's company, so sleep now. I can't wait to talk to you in person.]

I placed my right hand on my chest, feeling the rhythm of my heartbeat. I closed my eyes, smiling. It felt like a beautiful melody, one that you couldn't help but sing along to. I couldn't wait to see Becky and talk to her.

"Ah! Mom!" I suddenly cried out, as a sudden pain shot through my head.

I heard my mom's footsteps rushing into my room, asking what had happened, but everything went blank after that.

                    ***Becky's Perspective***

"Why are you smiling? Did something good happen?" my mom asked, as we sat in the living room watching a movie with my dad. I had just finished taking a shower after Mike dropped me off at home. I had been messaging Freen, I finally confessed my feelings for her and planning to meet up tomorrow. I couldn't wait to spend time with her.