Chapter 15: The Reasons Why

***Becky's POV***

I have all the reasons to say no, to end everything, and let go of the past, but the warmth of her heart has always captured me. The sound of her voice is music I couldn't unhear. I love her with all my being.

"This time, can we not give up?" Her arms wrapped around me even more tightly.

But I couldn't say a word; it's like my tongue has gone numb, and my throat has gone stiff, and all the words that I was supposed to say have poured down along with my tears. But I knew she understood the words that I couldn't say because that's just how she is.

Knock! Knock!

"Good morning, Becky!" I heard Irene shouting outside.

I have been awake for a while, but my body doesn't feel like getting up yet. I was just lying on the bed staring blankly at the ceiling as the thoughts of last night rushed through my head.

"Becky!" Irene knocked on the door even louder. "Someone made coffee for you; don't wait 'til it gets cold," she continued.

"I made you coffee," I heard Freen speak.

I turned my head to the direction of the door as soon as I heard her voice, and I couldn't help but give in to the smile that formed on my lips. She's like the light in my darkness, and no word in the dictionary could define what she meant to me.

I finally had the energy to get up from my bed and open the door.

"Good morning," Freen's beaming smile greeted me as she showed me the cup of hot coffee she just made.

"Let's go down; they prepared breakfast for us," Irene directed before she turned around and walked down the stairs.

"Okay, I'll just tie my hair up," I muttered as I retreated into my room, shut the door, and faced the mirror. It was a sight — last night's tears left my eyes swollen, and my hair screamed 'just rolled out of bed'.

After a face wash and a quick towel dry, I snagged the scrunchie from the vanity, creating a tidy bun. A quick once-over in the mirror confirmed I was at least a bit more put-together.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket as I began walking toward the door, pushing it open. Freen's smiling face greeted me once again. I was taken aback; she had waited outside, leaving me momentarily speechless.

"Ready?" she asked, met with my silent agreement.

"The coffee's a bit cold now, but I can make you a fresh one," she offered, extending her hand before I take a step down the stairs.

My heart was beating so fast as I look at my refelection in her eyes. How could she forgive me? How could she offer her smile, her hands and her heart to me when I keep on hurting her? How can I not love her?

I found myself frozen as Freen gently took my hand, guiding me down the stairs where Irene sat, her raised eyebrow betraying curiosity.

"What?" Freen asked, probably sensing something on Irene's mind.

"Nothing. I'm just somewhat glad about what I'm seeing so far but not thrilled that it took you 15 minutes to get downstairs," Irene complained. "But anyway, let's eat," she continued.

"By the way, I checked online, and there's an island nearby that we could visit. There are some bars there if you guys wanna drink and enjoy the nightlife here," Irene suggested.

"I think we should do that," Freen agreed.

Irene looked at me, awaiting my answer. To be honest, I don't feel like going. I just want to relax and enjoy the peace this island gives my soul, but I also don't want to miss the opportunity to go out and not be recognized by people. I can literally run around without a mask, and no one will recognize me.