Chapter 21: I Love You The Most (Final Chapter)

***Becky's POV***

"Tell her right now that you're breaking up with her, Becky," my mom demanded, her voice filled with authority. She stared at me with an intense gaze, waiting for my response.

"I'm sorry, Mom, but I can't," I replied, my voice trembling slightly. I turned to face Freen's mom, Mrs. Chankimha, who had been silently observing the tense situation.

"Mrs. Chankimha, I apologize for my mother's behavior," I began, my voice filled with sincerity. "I also apologize for any pain or trouble I may have caused you and your daughter. I am truly sorry for the mistakes I've made. And while you may think I've lost my mind for wanting your daughter again, maybe I have, but I can't help it. She is still the person I want to spend my life with. I hope to earn your approval and show you that my love for your daughter is genuine. I know I broke your trust, but I promise that this time, I will take care of her and cherish her with all my heart."

As I spoke those words, I could feel the weight of my past actions and the desperation to make things right. It was a vulnerable moment, and I hoped that Mrs. Chankimha could see the sincerity in my eyes.

"Rebecca Patricia! Are you going against me right now? Are you forgetting that I am your mother?" my mom exclaimed, her voice filled with frustration and disappointment.

I looked back at her, her eyes widened and her brows frowned. I knew she was angry, and she may have felt that I was disrespecting her in front of other people. So, I moved closer to her and gently wrapped my arms around my mom.

"Mom, I love you," tears started flowing down my eyes as those words came out of my mouth. "I know you're doing this because you love me so much, and I appreciate that. But Mom, the feelings that I have for Freen are so strong that I couldn't contain them." I whispered in her ear. "I love her so much that words can't explain it. Mom, please, this time let me choose for myself," I pleaded.

I heard my mom take a deep breath as she gently rubbed my back. Suddenly, her phone started ringing, and she quickly picked it up. It seemed like she was needed at her office. She gently pushed me away from her and looked straight into my eyes.

"This is such a big mess you're in right now. You're going to hear a lot of judgment from other people, and all I want to do is save you from that. But it feels like I just wasted my time today. Wipe those tears off your face, you look like a mess. I have to leave now," my mom told me, handing me her handkerchief. She leaned over to grab the check on the table and stood up. "What a waste of time," I heard her whisper as she walked out of the house.

It was a relief that I was finally able to express my feelings to her, to make her understand that I was certain about the decision I had made and that I wasn't backing out.

"I can't believe that person. She's like a witch in an angel's body," the man sitting beside Freen said. I let out a soft laugh and looked at him, only to realize that Freen wasn't sitting there anymore.

"Stop crying," Freen said as she walked closer to me, holding a glass of water in her hand. She quickly handed it to me and sat beside me, gently rubbing my back. "Mom, Dad, I want to officially introduce my girlfriend to you," she said, catching me off guard as I took a sip of water and choked a little, surprised by her words.

"It looks like my daughter loves you so much, young lady. You have my approval. I think you both look great together," Freen's dad told me.

I turned in his direction to thank him, but I found Freen's mom looking closely at me.
"You know that I don't trust you anymore, right?" Freen's mom finally spoke.