Chapter 10: Two Hours

***Freen's POV***

I sat there on the bench by the fountain, enveloped in silence, while the soothing sound of water flowing echoed through the park. The night hung heavily around us, mirroring the weight of her words. Standing before her, I felt the tightness in my throat as I struggled to hold back tears. I had hoped she wouldn't say what she did. Perhaps I had even hoped for a different excuse, or secretly prayed that I hadn't come here at all.

Why does it have to end like this? Why does love have to be so tragic, even the second time around? I looked at Becky, who was silently gazing at the fountain. If only I could read her mind, maybe I'd discover a different reason why she doesn't want to be with me anymore, or maybe I'm just hoping she still has feelings for me. I don't want to let go of her, but if she's happier without me, I'll give that to her.

"It's 9:48 PM," I said, trying not to cry. Becky glanced at me.

"Stay with me until midnight," I asked, forcing a smile. "Spend these next two hours with me, like I'm your girlfriend. I'll take whatever you can give, and I'll give my all. I want to let you go without regrets." I offered my hand to her.

My hands were left hanging for a minute as Becky stared at them.

"I promise not to bother you anymore. You won't see me or receive any messages or calls unless you decide you want to be with me again," I explained.

"But we don't have to do this," she stated.

"Can you at least give me this one last chance so we can have closure?" I insisted.

I saw her look straight into my eyes, taking a deep breath before finally reaching for my hand.

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly.

As soon as Becky handed me her hand, I pulled her closer to me and without any doubt, I gave her a quick kiss on her lips. Her eyes widened, obviously surprised by what I had done.

"Thank you," I whispered as I pulled away. She gave me a faint smile, but she avoided making eye contact.

I wanted the next two hours to be filled with memories. I wanted to remind her of the love we used to share, to remind her how much she used to love me.

"Let's start our date with a meal. I know a good restaurant nearby," I suggested, and she simply nodded in response.

Standing up from the bench, I still held her hand, gazing at her. Her eyes were covered by a black cap, but I could make out a faint smile. She put on a mask, perhaps trying not to be recognized, and then she stood up. I knew she might be doing this out of obligation, but I hoped to end the night with a genuine smile on her face.

We began walking, and I refused to let go of her hand despite her attempts to pull away. The Korean restaurant was about a 10-minute walk away from our location. Irene had told me it used to be Becky's favorite place.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"There's a Korean restaurant nearby," I replied.

"No!" she almost shouted.

"What's the matter?" I asked, puzzled by her reaction.

"Let's go somewhere else. I'm already full, and I don't really want to eat a lot. Maybe we can just have some coffee," she answered, her voice cracking. I couldn't understand why she reacted that way. I had wanted to take her there to spark a memory, but it seemed that wouldn't be possible.

"Okay, there's a coffee shop nearby too. We can go there," I said, smiling at her.

We went to the coffee shop, and I had planned to order her a Matcha Tea Latte, which she used to enjoy before based on what Irene told me.