The Regret

Jimin's POV:
I ran and ran until my breathing got heavy and I felt like I might collapse but I still didn't stop until I reached her. I breathed out loud and relieved that she was fine but I can see that her mental state wasn't fine. She was trying not to cry and whenever she does that, I can easily sense it but I don't know how though. I wiped the sweat on my forehead and took a deep breath before going towards her who was in the lake searching for something.

I grabbed her elbow after reaching her and made her stand properly. She looked shocked to see me there but her eyes were hurt, she looked way too hurt making me want to throw hands at the person who made her like this. I examined her state which was looking tense. Her dress was all drenched by the water and her lips were trembling due to the coldness of the water, her body was shivering. I clenched my jaw looking at how she was.

"Who did this?" I asked in my deep voice while she was trying to avoid eye contact with me while looking down. I held her face in my hands and made her look into my eyes. "I asked you something, who did this to you!?" I asked while clenching my jaw making her look at me as innocent as ever. Why is she so good in this world? "I-I lost my necklace. That was my favourite necklace" she said in a cracked tone making me look at her softly and unclench my jaws.

"That necklace was given to me by my grandmother before she died. She used to love me a lot and that was the only memory I have of her" she said while looking down making me release her elbow from my grip. I gulped the lump in my throat. "let me search it for you" I said while making her sit on the sand before taking off my jacket and making her wear it. I was about to go into the lake until I felt a grip on my wrist.

"But..." She paused with hesitation making me nod in assurance. "didn't you have a concert?" She asked making my eyes widen a bit and get back to normal again. "you knew?" I asked and she nodded slowly. "but why did you leave it and come here? It's very important to you right? You should've been there" she said worriedly making me shake my head and caress her cheeks.

"Nothing is more important than you y/n, I would never prioritise my work more than you because you hold the most important place in my heart" I said making her eyes widen in shock. Of course even I was shocked at the way I ended up saying that to her but there was no lie. I fake coughed before getting up and searching for her necklace in the lake. It was already dark at night and it wasn't helping either.

I searched like crazy and at last found a necklace and I was sure it's the same necklace she always wears. It was almost 10 at night. I sneezed while coming out of the lake and saw her sleeping on her knees cutely making me smile at her sadly. I gently tapped on her shoulders making her wake up and get startled. "It's me, it's me" I said while smiling at her making her sigh out of relief. "D-did you find it?" She asked with hope in her eyes. I smiled before opening my fist.

She smiled brightly before taking it from me. She touched the crystals of that necklace and felt it with her heart. She hugged me tightly while chewing on her bottom lip trying to control herself from crying. I caressed her back trying to console her. "Thank you Jimin, Thank you so much! You don't know how big of a favour you've done to me" she said in a cracked voice making me pull back from the hug and look into her eyes which were looking red.

"It's ok to cry y/n, you need to let the tears fall and let your sorrow out at least in front of one person" I said while nodding and assuring her. She looked at me before looking down and letting her crystal-like tears fall from her oceanic eyes. Though it wasn't my first time seeing her cry but this was the first time she was crying in front of me while being sober. She sobbed making me hug her again as tightly as I could.

She hiccuped, cried and sobbed in my embrace making my heart ache but I was happy that she was letting it all out. I wiped her tears with my thumb before making her stand properly. "But you didn't tell me how you lost it yet" I asked her and she looked at me with her tear stained face. "Daisy, she threw it in the lake intentionally" that's the last name I wanted to hear because she has been getting onto my nerves for many days and now she has crossed all her limits.