Chapter 2: Ballora

After the most awkward silence I'd ever had to endure, Foxy was the first to speak up.

     "I believe explanations are in order," he said, crossing his arms.

     Mine and Freddy's hands quickly separated and we walked nervously into Foxy's room, giving each other anxious and confused glances on the way. Once inside, everybody was already mimicking Foxy's exact expression and pose. Well, with the exception of Ballora, who just smiled as if nothing about the current situation was unsettling in the slightest. If anything, she almost looked amused.

     So much for being sympathetic, I thought.

     "So, um..." I started lamely, "Hey...?"

     I face-palmed internally, wishing Freddy and I had spent more time preparing an explanation. I hoped that Freddy would back me up and say something, but when he didn't I gulped. It wasn't going as I'd thought it would...

     Thankfully, Ballora came to our rescue. She walked up to me and placed her hands on mine and Freddy's shoulders. She smiled and said, "It is so nice to finally see both of you. I understand why everyone kept insisting that you would make a wonderful couple. You look simply adorable together."

     "Th-thank you," I stammered. Ballora was... wow. She was even more beautiful awake than she was asleep. Her eyes were alive with wonder and curiosity, absorbing everything new she saw, and her shiny purple lips were turned upwards in a soft smile. Her complexion was solid white, but she had two purple circles (the same shade as her lips) on her cheeks, imitating bright, rosy cheeks. Ballora had flawless cornflower blue hair, with two gold streaks on each side, all pulled back into an equally flawless bun.

     Her dress and accessories were actually based off of the outfit I'd worn to the Valentine's Day dance. The top was a dark blue-ish purple, and had a low neckline with a sun jewel on the center; her tutu (hence her ballerina-like getup) was lavender and covered in sparkles, and a cloth layer on top that was colored a slightly darker shade of purple, was covered in nearly glowing yellow stars.

     Ballora's accessories consisted of a gold ascot and sun and moon earrings (just like the ones I wore on Valentine's Day). But in addition to the ascot and earrings, she had (at this point, predictably) purple, fingerless elbow-length gloves, with violet ribbons with bells on them tied around her wrists, which matched the color of her nails.

     Her feet were almost bare, save for the dark blue cover that started at her ankles and went halfway down her feet. It looked a little strange when she stood normally, since she was made to stand on her toes the way a ballerina would.

     She continued, "So when were you going to tell us the news?"

     I blinked, when I realized she was referring to me and Freddy. I answered, "Tonight, actually."

     "We came here to tell you," Freddy added. "But it seems you've all found out without us having to say anything."

     Monty scoffed, but didn't say anything. Chica asked, "So... how long have you been together?"

     I breathed in sharply. I hoped Chica wouldn't be too mad...

     "Two weeks," Freddy answered.

     Everyone's reaction was immediate, and suddenly there was screaming and shouting. Foxy, Chica and Roxy had rushed up to us and started shaking us, rambling about how they'd "spent countless hours trying to get us to confess our feelings" and we heard Monty groan and try to plug his ears. Ballora's eyes widened at the sudden outburst, and she tried to calm everyone down.