Chapter 18: Rainy Day

A/N: Haha! Two chapters published in one day! Just like the good old days when I had enough creative juices to do something like this... Y'all can still expect another chapter next Friday, just FYI.

Y/N's P.O.V.

     When I woke up, I could tell today wouldn't be a fun day for me. Messy hair, crust around my eyes, a dry throat... Luckily, I was able to get myself cleaned up before I left for work. Gregory was also ready for school, which was a big help.

     "See you tonight," I said. "Love you!"

     I grabbed my jacket and an umbrella on the way out since I could still hear it raining, then walked to my car.

     I remembered the last time I'd run in the rain, and just a few minutes later I'd found my brother dead without a face, so I opted not to replicate that.

     The drive was calming, though. The rain softly pattering against the windows of my car was soothing, and as I caught glimpses of the yellow grass outside I was glad that they were finally being watered after such a long summer. Soon the grass would be green and thriving, until winter came and brought snow.

     There were so many things to distract me from the events that had taken place yesterday that I almost let my mind wander. It would've been so easy.

     But I need to tell someone, I reminded myself. Anyone.

     Ballora was at the top of my list since I could trust her, and I knew if I told Freddy he would go crazy with worry (in other words, he'd tell me to see a therapist so I could fix my mind). Ballora was smart, and she'd be able to help me, no extra anxiety required. Of course, if it got to the point where I felt like I had to tell him I wouldn't hesitate.

     Once I arrived, I speed-walked across the parking lot and went inside. As I checked in I tucked my umbrella under my arm, causing me to drop my other things.

     I stooped down to gather the items I'd dropped, letting out a tired sigh.

     "Let me help you," a deep voice said, causing me to look up in surprise.

     I smiled when I saw it was Freddy.

     "Thanks," I said gratefully, reminded of those days when he was always there when I needed his help.

     "It's nothing," he responded, standing once he'd picked up the last of my things. "Really."

     I stood as well and reached out with one hand to take my things, but he didn't give them to me.

     "Fred? Is something wrong?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

     He was still for a moment, and I was about to ask again when he replied, "I'm just... really happy to see you."

     I blinked, caught off-guard by his sudden remark. He gave me my things, and our hands momentarily touched. His hand flinched, which made me even more confused.

     "Hey, are you sure everything's alright?" I questioned.

     He inhaled and nodded, his eyes straying off into the distance. "Yes, it's all... it's all..."

     Freddy walked slowly towards the doors, and stared outside.

     "I love rain," he said suddenly. "It's so beautiful..."

     I joined him and placed a hand on his arm. "Are you sure you're okay?"

     He looked down and gave no response. That was definitely a no.