Chapter 6: Stay Calm

A/N: Guess what guys! I'm going on another vacation! I'll be leaving on Saturday (the 22nd), and I'll be back the next next Monday (on the 31st). Once again, I won't be doing much writing during that time, but by the time I'm back I'll have ideas for Chapter 7, so hopefully the update will be on Friday (August 4th) like normal. When summer is over I'll be writing more frequently (which probably doesn't make too much sense, but welcome to my world). Enjoy, guys! (Also, GUYS I HAVE OVER 17 THOUSAND READS ON Y.M.S.!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!)

     I stayed close to the stage for the rest of the night, and I made sure Gregory never left my sight. We both searched for Vanessa for about half an hour before accepting that we wouldn't be able to find her in the crowd. That didn't stop me from being worried, though... If she had a kid with her, there was little to no chance that the kid was going to be okay.

     I had put in an anonymous message into my Fazwatch saying that people should be on the lookout for the kid that Gregory had seen, but other than that there wasn't much else I could do. Vanessa could easily lie about what she was doing if I called her out, so I couldn't stop her that way, and even then it could've been too late.

     Being close to my friends helped, and I knew Gregory would be safe around the staff. And I also took comfort in doing things that were normal, like small check ups for the animatronics. Those also prevented me from completely freaking out.

     On a lighter note, everyone adored Ballora. She danced wonderfully, and I took pride in knowing that I had made something so wonderful. Once it got late and the sun started to set, Sun transformed into Moon. He found me and said hi (well, kinda...), and I couldn't have been happier about his timing. It was at the end of one performance, and the beginning of another forty-five minute block of free time for the gang. When I realized that Moon still hadn't met Ballora, I almost forgot about my worry. He was going to love her!

     "Have you seen her yet?" I asked.

     He shocked his head. "No."

     "Oh, Moon she's beautiful! I can tell, you two are going to be immediate friends. She's really chill, and super nice, and-"

     "Who are you talking about?" someone asked.

     Standing by my side was Ballora, and I grinned. "You, actually. Ballora, you've got to meet Moon!" I turned at an angle so I could see both of them. "Ballora, Moon. Moon, Ballora."

     "Hello, Moon," Ballora said softly. It was normal for her to speak the way she was; a spoonful of kindness with a dash of formality, and just a touch of cheer. But if I didn't know better I would've thought I'd heard a trace of timidity in her tone.

     Moon just... stood there. I wasn't sure what to think, and I was starting to get worried that maybe his system was glitching out. But then he nodded once and replied, "Hello. It... it's nice to meet you."

     "The pleasure's all mine," she said, smiling warmly. "Have you been enjoying your evening?"

     "Well... it's only just started for me... The sun just set, so..."

     Is he okay?

     I'd only seen Moon so hesitant a few times, and that was usually just when he was uncomfortable or extremely uncertain. I didn't understand why he'd be uncomfortable around Ballora of all people, so I think it was safe to say he was uncertain. Moon said he had only two friends: me and Rosemary. As delighted as I was that he had called me his friend, I was a little sad he only considered the two of us to be his friends. I really did hope Ballora could make it three...