Chapter 26: Slowly... Driven... Mad.

A/N: Sorry for the late update! It's not the end of the world or anything, but sorry anyway! I didn't have too much inspiration this week, so writing this particular chapter was pretty hard. I didn't proofread this chapter, so if there's grammar errors that's why.

     I rubbed my nose tenderly because it was still hurting from my accident yesterday morning. Although he was discreet about it, I could feel Freddy's gaze on me coming all the way from the main stage. We were both worried. After the crying child's warning, my mini car crash, and the doors shutting on me (which he'd somehow found out about without me telling him), neither of us were willing to let each other out of our sight.

     I wanted to know if Freddy had seen his brother yet, but he wouldn't talk about him at all. What was worse was that he was being uncharacteristically stubborn about it. It was almost infuriating, even though I knew if he did see him and he told him something important, Freddy would bring it up.

     Finally I stood up to leave; the noise was getting to me, and I needed someplace quiet to think about things.

     On the way back to Parts and Service, I slid on a pile of water and land face-first on the ground. As I looked around for the wet-floor bot, I wasn't all too surprised when I saw it was sitting six feet away from the actual spill.

     Naturally.

     I grumbled about safety hazards while I finished my walk, and once I was inside I collapses into my chair and sighed.

     "I can't keep doing this," I said to myself, really meaning it. Bobbiedot construction was going to start tomorrow, and I had to be there for a couple hours to supervise. No doubt the area would be teeming with almost-lawsuits, and that meant anything could happen. If I were lucky, the worst that could happen would be a few electric shocks, but if things got severe, a few stray sparks could cause me to catch on fire, or I could fall from a high place because a STAFF bot "unintentionally" bumped into me. I didn't know how Afton was gaining so much control over Pizzaplex system all of a sudden with no one realizing it, and it was maddening. What was I supposed to do to stop him? I couldn't fight something I wasn't able to see or touch, and no one else but Freddy seemed aware of the situation. Until... anything happened, I wouldn't be able to do something about him.

     I rubbed my temples exasperatedly, and hoped the performance would end so I could talk to Freddy. When I checked the time, I saw I was going to have to wait for another half an hour. I groaned, then stood up. Maybe I could see what Ballora was doing.

     I hadn't entirely dismissed the possibility that Ballora was... well... brainwashed to an extent. There was definitely something very questionable about the way she'd been acting the night I lost Gregory, but when I thought about it, there wasn't any proof she'd done anything. In fact, it was probably more likely that when the rest of the animatronics froze it was just a glitch, and Ballora had acted accordingly by trying to look for help... And then there was what she'd done to Freddy. Neither on of us had tried to confront her about it, because if she was "evil," we didn't want to become a target. Well, one of her targets.

     The daycare now had daytime security guards on duty, just in case something were to happen, but I was still I little nervous. Although there was still absolutely no proof that Ballora had done something to Rosemary, with everything that was happening... anything was possible.

     I entered the daycare, said hi to the kids I knew, and walked around. I knew I'd come to check out what Ballora was up to, but after thinking about it I decided I would only talk to her if she found me.... Which she did.