Chapter 28: When A Solution Falls Like Rain

I sink to my knees, tears spilling out of my eyes as I crawl towards the headset that lay in his lap. I scream again; his face is still in it.

     "J-JEREMY! JEREMY!!!"

     Vanessa grabs me from behind and tries to pull me back, and once I pass out it feels like only moments have gone by before I wake up... except this time I wake up in my bed. I pick up my Fazwatch and see the messages, but they all say the same thing:

     "Bonnie's missing," I mumble repeatedly. "Bonnie's missing, Bonnie's missing."

     My mind flashes back to when I'd first met him. It was sweet and simple, and we became friends in less than five seconds... It had all been so simple back then. I was happy and at my most carefree, having just landed a well-paying job I was going to love. I remember it so vividly, it's like I'm there all over again...

     He leans against the wall casually as he observes me. "Didn't mean to scare ya, Superstar! You okay?"

     I smile. "Yeah. I didn't see you there. Bonnie, right?"

     "Ding ding ding! Correct!"

     My grin widens at his fun attitude, and I realize I haven't introduced myself yet. "Oh, I'm Y/N by the way!" I tell him, pointing at my name tag. "I'm the new robotic technician!"

     "Well, it's nice to meetcha! So you're the new robot doctor, huh?"

     I chuckle. "Yup."

     The setting changes, and now I'm driving my car to the Pizzaplex. The clouds cast an ominous shadow over the building, and somewhere in my mind I know when I am... and what's going to happen next.

     I get in through the fire escape and look around for the animatronics. They can explain everything to me... even though part of me already knows what's going on, and I'm dreading every moment of it.

     "Y/N? Is that you?"

     "Foxy! Oh, you have no idea how good it is to hear your.... voice... F-Foxy? What's wrong?"

     "I think I know where Bonnie is," he says gravely. "I need to go alone."

     My face falls. "Wh-what?"

     "It's too risky to bring someone else, especially a human." He places his hand on my shoulder. "Y/N, I know this is all goin' really fast, but I need you to understand that... that these next few weeks are goin' to be hard. For all of you."

     "Foxy, what are you saying?"

     "I may not be coming back is what I'm tryin' to get at. If all goes well, I'll be able to figure out where Bonnie is."

     "No! If all goes well, you have to come back!" I say, my eyes welling up with tears. "We-we can find him some other way! If you think you know, just tell one of the officers! They're at the front! I saw them!"

     "I'm sorry, Y/N," he says sadly, "But I have to do this, or we won't find Bonnie. At least you'll have one of us."

     "No!" I shout. "Don't you get it? Foxy, my brother is dead! And he isn't coming back! No amount of searching, or rebuilding, or anything else is going to bring him back!"

     "I have to do this. At least we can bring Bonnie back. Goodbye, Y/N."

     My breathing quickens. "N-no! How can you do this?! Foxy, come back! FOXY!"