Chapter 10: Approval

Y/N's P.O.V.

     Oh. Crap. No.

     I'd had my fingers crossed all day that they wouldn't ask. I thought that maybe I'd lucked out. Maybe they'd forgotten. But no; of course they asked. And right in front of Freddy! How was he going to respond? Because I knew he would want to help, it was in his nature.

     My gaze flickered over towards Freddy, and dread encompassed me when I saw the expectant look on his face. He wanted to help. He was waiting for my reply so he could back me up. If I didn't answer this right...

     "Very soon," I blurted. "He's excited to meet you."

     Nononono! Why did I say that?!

     My mom beamed. "Well we're excited to meet him, too!"

     "What'd you say about him? Lead singer in a band? Really strong?" dad asked. "I'm also excited. He sounds perfect for you."

     I blushed deeply when I saw Freddy's reaction. He looked like half of him wanted to laugh, and the other half was contemplating the best thing to do.

     Finally, he said mischievously, "You're very happy with him, yes? You've spoken very highly of him."

     Nooo! Why is he doing this? I thought, groaning internally.

     "I-I am... He's really... really great," I said, almost cringing. "Um, Mom? Dad? I've got to go check on Sun now. I'll see you later."

     I turned to Freddy and Ballora and walked up to them. "And you two? Stay out of trouble. Send me a message if you need anything."

     They both nodded.

     "Feel free to ask me if you need help with anything," Ballora added.

     "I'll keep that in mind," I replied gratefully.

     "I will see you before the next performance," Ballora said, then looked over at my parents. "And it was a pleasure meeting your parents. They're both wonderful people."

     "It was amazing to see you again," Freddy added. "We hope you have a great day!"

    "You too!" my dad said, waving goodbye as they walked away.

     I said goodbye to my parents as well, then turned on my heel and walked as quickly as I could to the daycare, typing furiously into my Fazwatch.

     <What. The actual. Heck.

Whatever do you mean?>

     <You KNOW what I mean.

     <Freddy, what are we going to do?

Do you want to know what I think?>

     <Yes, I do. That's why I'm asking.

I think you should be honest>

Now, before you start yelling, hear me out.>

     <*inhale* Fine.

We talked about this.>

However they react, I will always love you,