Chapter I: A New Beginning

You ever read those fairytale stories Cinderella, Jack and the beanstalk and The Little Match Girl and so on well they're real and how they came to be might not be what you expected.

The school for good and evil, my mum always told me stories of her times when she went there. Have you ever heard of the tale of Little Red Riding Hood that's my mum. Kind sweet, and she was and still is a damsel in distress.

Mother used to always tell me to be careful and never talk to strangers unless I was with her or her cousin Robin, yes the Robin Hood of Sherwood forest. They're quite distant cousins, but mum told me family is family, I suppose she is right.

"Scarlett darling, if you dont keep your head out of the clouds, your muffins are going to burn," Mum said. I snapped back from my thoughts and bolted up from the couch and into the kitchen it hadn't occurred to me that I was in the middle of baking.

I picked up a nearby cloth and brought out the muffins. Thankfully, they weren't burnt.
"Phew, they're okay," I sighed in relief. "I have no clue how you do that they look and smell utterly amazing granny taught you well," Mother complimented.

In my family, we have this tradition that one generation learns from an older generation if that makes sense. For example, I learned how to bake from my granny. My mother learned from her granny how to sew when she was younger. It's a little confusing, I know.

We sat down at our small dinner table and had our little mother daughter talk while eating my muffins. "Your first day of school is tomorrow Scarlett are you ready?" Mother asked.

I'll be completely honest here. I'm quite nervous growing up. I never had proper friends because of my mother. Well, she started to be a lot more careful around people who weren't family.

It wasn't even because of her fairytale,
Well, it is, but I think it's mostly got to do with why my dad left. Mother never told me anything about him. All she said was that he was as arrogant as a god, whatever that meant.

"Well, I suppose so, but I'm not overly excited though I'll not be able to see you for a long time," I sighed sadly.

"Scarlett sweetie you will be fine i know you will you are your mothers daughter your a survivor you'll make it by all of those stuck up privileged girls" my mother said in an attempt to comfort me, it didn't work.

I looked down at the table and stared at wooden lines. Mother saw this, so she gently grabbed my hands, sat up straight, and finally said, "Hildegarde listened to me."
I lifted my head up in shock she never usually calls me by my real name.

If you didn't know already, which you probably don't, my real name is Hildegarde Beaudette. My mother calls me Scarlett because everyone called her red, so it seemed fitting to call her daughter Scarlett as a nickname.

My mothers name is Rita Beaudette. Of course, we have very formal names, Hildegarde, but my mother chose it because of the meaning it means war or battle.

Mother loved stories and books of battle. I was the opposite. I hated reading mainly because I couldn't read. Whenever I tried, the letters float up away from the page.

"I know you've never made many friends before and that's my fault but I want you to try and make some friends, your young I dont want you to be living like rapunzel talking to objects, do you understand."

I still doubted that I would make friends, but I nodded and got up from the table. "I do understand. Thank you, Mother. I should start packing my stuff now," I replied softly.

"Oh, and Robin and Marian are dropping you off at school tomorrow morning by carriage. Remember your manners," Mother added.

~♡~

Sunrise is one of the best times of days all the beautiful colours that the sky turns so relaxing. Today is the day I'm going to the school for good and train to win my own fairytale, I hope.

Time seemed to go by swift next thing I knew I was running out the door hugging Robin and Marian" Hey there kid, did you grow I swear you were half my size last time I seen you" Robin joked.

We laughed and shared a hug
"Marian, it's so good to see you again. Scarlett made you two muffins," Mother said as she handed the basket to them. "Ooo don't mind if I do," Robin sang while trying to sneak his hand in.

Marian slapped his hand away while saying, " Thank you, Rita and Hildegarde. we will save these for later, won't we, Robin?"
She snapped in the nicest way possible while staring him down. It is always hilarious watching the two of them fight like the couple that they are. Whenever I see them, I believe in true love.

"Hidegarde sweetie promise to write," she breathed sadly. "Promise goodbye, mother."
"Goodbye Scarlet"
We hugged tightly eventually i left, knowing that I'll be back someday with my own legacy.

~♡~

The entire time in the carriage, Robin and Marian went on and on about the school for good, the groom rooms, the food, their favourite classes, you name it.

Especially in the garden, Robin said he had a special tree that he would go to all the time. Whenever he was bored, he would climb up the branches and make it his own little home.

"Hildegarde, you are going to love the groom room they are filled with gowns and shoes, tiaras everything for a princess, not like the lovely cottage dresses Rita made but with more dazzle" Marian boasted.

Patiently and quietly, I sat there listening to them go on and on about the school for good. I'll admit it was quite exhausting to listen to them, but in the middle of their boasts, they would have mini arguments that were very amusing to watch.

"Marian, I'm telling you the food was the best part, not the events the food," Robin exclaimed. "Must you always think of your stomach? It's exhausting to hear about it,"
She argued back.

I laughed and rolled my eyes over to look out the window in an attempt to avoid the same argument they already had five minutes ago. My eyes lit up when I saw the school for good it was beautiful it shone in the light of gold, and the windows were blue and pink.

I couldn't see the school for evil. I dont know why I would even want to, though mother only told me that it was grim and cold. Once you walk in, it's like all the happiness has been drained from the world. I shook the negative thoughts of the school out of my head and continued.

"We're here, you two look!" I exclaimed as they both turned to see, and the carriage stopped. "It's time Hildegarde your going to train to fulfil your destiny. We're going to miss you," Marian comforted.

"Thank you, Marian, Robin, and goodbye, for now." I went over to hug them and stepped outside the carriage and saw fairies bring out all my stuff into the castle. I felt kind of silly like I needed to wear a whole ballgown just to look worthy enough to even walk in the beautiful palace.

Still, I looked presentable, at least I think so. I wore a long scarlet red dress with a sweetheart neckline and short puffed sleeves and brown flat shoes to top it off
I wore a red bow to tie off some of my hair back.

This was it my future lies here a bit overly dramatic, but everyone has to have that suspenseful moment in their head.

Rumours spread like wildfires about this place, good and bad now its my time to face and spread my own "rumours"
wish me luck.

A/N first chapter out and done just to be clear, little red and Robin hood aren't really related. I just made it up for the story, so enjoy this new story/fanfiction thing👍