Chapter XVIII: War of Good and Evil

Not a moment longer, we all sprinted to the nevers castle with me and Tedros leading the army. Suddenly, a strange beam of light captured my attention.

"Tedros, do you see that beam light?" I pointed up. He shook his head "No Hildy Focus," he asserted.

I attempted to ignore the beam of light, but curiosity came over me like a blanket. "I'll be just a moment. Ted, you go in, lead them until I return." I switched direction, running a whole different way.

Tedros didn't argue, and I made my way to the strange beam of light only I could see. I ran closer and closer it was in hand reach but it suddenly disappeared.

"Hildegarde Beaudette," a voice came up from behind me. I pulled a swift move and pulled out my dagger.

"Professor Adella?" I lowered my dagger ."Where have you been?How aren't you a doll? How did you make that beam of light? You must help us, professor."

"Ah, slow down. Yes, I am Adella, but I'm not an official professor, hence why I'm not a doll."

"What are you talking about?"

"See, I am not a professor. I never was in the first place. I managed to make the cut as one this year until the schoolmaster found who I really am and what I'm doing here. "

I stepped back weary. "What are you really doing here then?"

"Nothing bad. I can assure you that Hildegarde. I was sent here to return you home by your father."

"My father? Return me home? I belong here. What home is he referring to?"

"You don't belong here. Your father is a god you belong in a camp on Long Island."

"Long Island!? Is that near Rainbow Gale? Or in the savage seas?"

"No, it's beyond the woods far from here,
Camp half-blood"

"I was supposed to bring you months ago until the schoolmaster found out who you were and why I was here. When he found out, he tried to kill me. I've been hiding out here ever since. I made that beam glow, so only you would see it come make haste we have to go now."

She urged me to come, but I stopped her, knowing my friends were about to go to war. "No, I can't right now,"

"Oh, but you must Hildegarde- "

"Give me 30 minutes, then I will go with you or until this war comes to an end."
I ran off, not giving her a choice.

Thirty minutes! I should have said longer.

I approached the doors and put my ear against the door. They haven't fought yet. I took this opportunity to make a dramatic entrance.

I used my finger glow to blast open the doors. I almost gasped drastically seeing the supposed evers dressed gory and wicked. While the nevers wore the finest silks in the brightest colours with clean faces and nicely done hair.

"Forgive me for being late" I announced it was difficult to tell the difference but I could make out Sophie and Agatha in the centre of the ballroom behind Sophie were her henchmen: Dot, anadil, hester and Hort.

"Oh, you're just in time, dearie, but you seem to be on the wrong side or you're just wearing the wrong clothes." Sophie spoke out, causing the never to murmur and cackle.

Tedros sheathed his sword, lunching for Sophie. Agatha stood in the way between the two.

"NO," she yelled at Tedros she then faced Sophie "Sophie you have to stop this!"

"It's too late, Agatha." Agatha turned around facing me,"she started this. " I gestured to Sophie."Now we'll be the ones to end it." I used my finger glow to lock the doors.