Chapter XII: Catching Feelings

"Do you realise how reckless you were? Actions have consequences, you know?" Dovey blabbered on "yes I know, professor. " I sat back on the infirmary bed. I really hoped I didn't have to go back here yet here we are.
"Hildegarde!?"
"Yes," I said, caught on surprise
"Are you even listening? You used magic beyond your fingerglow!"

After the trial, I and many evers have healing and resting in the infirmary. That gives Dovey the perfect opportunity to yell at me when I'm most vulnerable.

"I was just trying some things out," I reasoned, knowing I probably should have thought about what I was going to say. "TRYING SOME THINGS OUT!" Oh boy, was I in for it? "You could have killed someone. " she lowered her voice. "But I didn't, and are we not going to talk about how I could have died by my own dagger that was being wielded by a freaking demon?" I snapped at her.

Dovey huffed, "You stole that dagger. You used an unauthorised level of magic beyond our level. As for the demon, I believed that it came from one of the nevers, Hester. I think her name is"
Hester, I should have known, but how?

"But I didn't know I didn't know any spells as soon as I awoke from my coma. I was put in the trial with
A) no word of warning
B) no training
And C) no choice but to use this thunderous weather powers thingy I have. Which, by the way, I have no idea where it came from. " I slumped back on my bed, facing away from her.

Dovey was left speechless just before she could say something one of the tall nymphs peaked through the curtains. "Excuse me, Professor, but someone else would like to speak to Miss Beaudette."

Thank goodness for her. I'm sure her and all of the other evers heard as well and wanted it to stop.

"Of course, uhm Hildegarde, I will hopefully see you in class soon." Dovey walked out, and I didn't even bother looking behind whoever wanted to see me are going to be disappointed.

"Hildy?" It wasn't shocking that it was him calling me. I didn't answer arguing with Dovey had drained me.
"How are you doing?"
"Not well as you clearly heard,"

Most likely, no, certainly everyone heard. I don't exactly have my own room. We're separated by using curtains, so it was all one room.

"I'm sorry, do you need some water or -"
"No," I quickly replied. "It's been a long night. You should get to class." he sat on the bed. "I think you forgot that classes would be cancelled for us at least,"

"Oh," I sighed. What am I going to do? Everyone knows. "Hildy about what happened in the trial -" he stopped short. "I'm glad you were by my side the whole night," he finished. That caught me by surprise. I faced him. A smile crept to my face, and I felt the blush running to my face it reddened. "Me too," I croaked. "Can you get me some water?" I carefully sat up.

"Coming right up, boss." he poured a glass. A giggle escaped my mouth. Oh no, what was that a laugh? more like a snort or a cough, I hope he didn't notice. "Cheers to me being in the infirmary twice in a week," I sarcastically croaked. The best feeling is cold water going down your throat, especially if you're warm.

That feeling was disturbed by two hacking evers, us. It felt like chunks of food were coming out from my throat and onto my blanket. Tedros hacked hysterically on the floor, coughing the water out. "What the hell is in this."

The nymphs burst through. "Oh my, what happened?" I got a closer look at the jug of water then at my glass. "Invisible fishes?" My face went cold as I dropped the glass and threw myself to a nearby bin. "Someone spiked the water," I echoed in the bin. The nymph ordered more the nymphs to come and clean up.

"Sophie," Tedros groaned. I lifted my head. "Why would Sophie do this?" I continued to vomit. "Sophie has been playing pranks since the trial. She covered the classroom floors with lard and replaced our face powder with itchy powder. " he went on. Why am I not surprised.