Chapter V: I Accidentally Killed a Rabbit

I promised my mum I'd write to her so I did while the fairies were doing my hair. I was writing a letter to my mum. Occasionally, the fairies would put my head back so they could see how it looked.

I thought about writing about the food or the ceremony but I dont have enough room to write a whole life story so I kept it short and simple. That was when my roommate Daphne came in and asked me what I was writing. I told her about my letter, and that was when she pointed it out.

"You spelt nearly everything wrong, Hildy. Here, allow me. " she grabbed another piece of paper and started to rewrite everything. I was thankful and offended, but I understood why. After a few minutes she "There now you can send it."

Dear Mum
I've been really liking this school so far. I've made a decent number of friends, and my studies have been doing well. I still can't exactly focus in class enough, but they've been really helpful to me, my new friends, and the teachers. Recently in class we were talking about our talents I started talking about my baking but they said that's more of a hobby so I told them the time when I was able to withstand a lightning strike, some kids didn't believe me but some did. I really miss you, Robin, and Marian, and I hope you get this letter.

With love: Scarlett

I thanked Daphne for writing my letter. I put it in an envelope, and from my drawer, I took out a bird caller and blew on it, making a whistling sound. Within seconds a dove flies in I gave the envelope to the bird that held it in its beak "You know where to go my friend" I whispered I've always had a way of talking to birds not like hearing them speak but just being able to understand them. I also have a way of persuading them to send letters wherever I need them to send.

"If you need someone to write the letter for you, I'm free whenever," she offered

I agreed, thinking that would save me so much time, and I told her about when we would send letters to each other

"My mother and I agreed we'd write every once in a while. The dove that sends the letters will take about a day or two to come back to me with a reply."

"I should probably write to my dad, oh, and Btw, why did you sign your name as Scarlett?" She curiously questioned

I replied and explained that since everyone calls my mum red, it seemed fitting to nickname me another shade of it, I think.

~♡~

"Beatrix, all these assignments are killing me. How are you handling these?" I moaned, ranting to her.

"Honestly, Hildy their not that bad their pretty easy," she rolled her eyes

"Well then, tutor me, please," I begged

"I can't sorry Chaddick is taking me for a picnic. But we can talk later, Hildy. AH, I can't wait to see you later, Hildy." She ran off skipping happily.

And with that, I quickly ran into the library, grabbing any books I thought were going to help me with my homework. There i sat trying to study the history of goods greatest triumphs but I couldn't make out most of it till eventually I banged my head on the table.

"I'm going to fail, aren't I?" I said, banging my head on the table. "Well, with that attitude, yes, you will," a girl spoke up behind me, causing me to shoot up and see who it was.
"Agatha?"

"Yep and your over doing it all you've got too many books you only need these 5" she placed it front of me and I could feel my brain leaving my body along with my hope and sanity.

"It's still too many words. I can't even read properly." I went on Agatha, ignored it, and continued to tutor me. Why all of a sudden is she being so nice? She's been so distant this past week.