Chapter XVII: One Dance?

You get an odd feeling a ringing in your ear (that's not because of sophies' ridiculous singing that tried to kill me). But when you just sit there and zone out in a deep thought. For me, it was sitting in front of a mirror staring at my own reflection whilst the faeries took my curls out of their curlers.

The feeling was kind of numb. What was I thinking about you may ask? Good question. I don't know. It's a habit, I guess. "Hildy?" My friend called me out of my daze."Yes?"

"How about a purple dress?" Daphne suggested. As I was about to say something, Lucy beat me to it.

"Purple pfft, please, you need a colour that will bring out her eyes like this gentle shade of blue." Lucy pulled out a dress from the rack.

"AH WAIT, NO ELECTRIC BLUE GET IT?" She shrieked, taking out another dress from the rack. Daphne scolded her. "Blue is so overused. Nearly every princess is wearing it to match their prince. " she pulled a curtain, revealing a room of princesses swooning over blue dresses. "See?"

That was only the beginning of their constant bickering. When I had enough, then Giselle came in between the two argumentative princesses. "You two are acting like toddlers grow up. Anyways, you both do have a point..." Giselle paused in awe, staring in a certain direction.

Daphne and Lucy soon caught on, and all three nodded: "It's perfect."

It was sooner than I thought when the three stuffed me in a dressing room and tossed me a dress to try on.

I came out and stared in awe at my dresss it was a velvet mullet off sleeve scarlett red princess dress. "Oh and a little extra something," Giselle tied on me a matching hooded capelet.

"Is the hood and the colour of the dress really necessary. I look like my mum. "

"It's all very necessary, plus it was either the capelet or an archer hat,"

"It's just reds my mums colour. I can't - "

"But you can. Your colour is Scarlett, " she pointed out.

"That's what my mum calls me. Occasionally, Chaddick as well. " I didn't pay much attention to their conversation. I stared at my dress through the mirror and felt like a massive pumpkin.

"Uh, Hildy, finally we've got your attention," Daphne said. "Who is taking you to the Snow Ball?"

"I was actually thinking of going by myself," I innocently smiled. They gaped at me, each lecturing all at once.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled they obeyed "its true I am going by myself, and I don't mind
it. "

"But Hildy, you'll fail,"

"I'd rather do that than go with a prince I don't know."

"Wait, so someone has asked you?"

"Yes, but never you mind. I'm not going with him." I concluded they attempted to convince me otherwise, but I stood my ground till they gave up.

~♡~

The snow ball inched closer and closer as the sun faded to night. I made my way to the ballroom. Chaddick came over earlier and asked me if I was going with the prince. I answered him with a simple no. He gave me a look but then respected my decision in the end.

I peaked in from behind the door to see a couple of princes and princesses who made it early to talk to their mates. There was no way I was making a dramatic entrance. I think I've done plenty of that. I decided to make my way to another door that led into the ballroom.

As I walked in, surprisingly, I was spotted quickly.

"Hildy! You made it. " Kiko wrapped her arms around me. "Hi Kiko," I greeted her and waved at her prince Tristan.