Chapter XIII: Parents Weekend Takes A Turn

As usual, the evers side of the eating area is half empty due to the evergirls still getting ready for the day.

Surprisingly, Agatha was still getting ready, and that didn't seem to bother my friends, though.

"Isn't it strange Agatha isn't here. She's usually here at breakfast before anyone else, " I wondered.

"You want to know what I think is strange, Hildy, why you care so much about that witch," Lucy answered.

Lucy, Daphne, and Giselle are like all the other evers. They think she's a witch. What do I think of her? She's nice sometimes a bit cheeky, but she's better than half of the evergirls.

"All she does is cause trouble," Giselle added

"She smells like an odd odour," Daphne joined. While all three other girls grabbed a basket each from the nymph.

"She's getting better, which is odd. Maybe she finally found her arch nemesis. Thank you. " I received a basket of food from the nymph.

"So where shall we sit-" I was disturbed by the stares my friend gave me. "What?"

"Hildy, what did you say?" Giselle asked

"I said where shall we sit?" I replied

"No, no, the other thing," Giselle inched closer. I thought for a moment "oh I said maybe Agatha found her arch nemesis." I laughed.

They didn't laugh. Instead, they were worried except for Lucy, who was puzzled "arch nemesis?"

"You know good and evil are enemies when one fails the other succeeds... or no, when one grows weaker, the other grows stronger that's it" I explained.

The four of us sat on a lunch table when Daphne abruptly stood up. "THATS IT" heads spun to her. Embarrassed, she nervously laughed it off and sat.

"What I meant is that I would explain it. Agatha has been... advancing as much as I hate to admit it, " she whispered.

"But who in this school could be Agatha's nemesis?" Lucy kept her head down so no one could hear.

"This is nonsense. I was only joking," I spoke up. "Hildy were not trying to be rude but think about it. Agatha isn't like this that would explain the sudden change of her mood, " Giselle reasoned.

"Wait a spell if Agatha really does have a nemesis, and it could be a witch a real witch," Daphne worryingly moved back.

"It would mean war between the two schools," Giselle finished with the same reaction.

"But we're first years! We don't know how to fight a real witch!" Lucy whisper screamed.

"None of us do," Daphne bit into her apple.

I was out of the conversation in a daze. No , it can't be. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. What if no? These are just some silly theories. Right?.

Wrong the sudden change of mindset heart and others its the only answer.

"If there really is a witch then we have to find out who it is before a war breaks out" I reasoned "okay but not now we're in public and our parents will be here in some time." Giselle cautiously looked around.

They nodded in agreement. "Heyy girlies," a familiar voice greeted. "Hey girlie's? really Chad, you can do better, " I laughed.

"Sorry, I was trying something out. Has anyone seen Beatrix? " he changed the subject. "Beatrix? What about Reena or Millicent? " Tedros joked Chaddick, hit him on the back. The two laughed and joined us.