Chapter VIII: First True Love?

"Are yous sure I can't help you in the library?" I asked, hoping for a different answer.

"Hildy, us three have got this. We'll find anything that may or may not relate to your dad being a -" Lucy stopped herself seeing my eyes do the talking it said don't even.

"Hildy, you relax, go tidy yourself up. You look like you haven't slept in a week," Daphne said, walking me out. This time, I didn't bother to argue back. I look like a mess. I said, " See you later and walk on."

"Hildegarde?" a male voice said behind. I turned around to see an unfamiliar looking prince."I'm sorry, do I know you? " I replied back. "You really don't remember me, Scarlett," he said as I'd he was trying to boost my memory.

Wait, but Scarlett?! Only my family called me that and "Chaddick? I hardly even recognised you. Have you been here all along, and I didn't notice Chad? I'm so sorry. " I didn't even realise I was babbling.

I stopped myself and whispered, "I'm babbling, aren't I?" he shrugged "a little, but you know that never bothered me, Scarlett. Now, to mention, I thought everyone calls you Scarlett."

A little backstory from me before when I was practically isolated from everyone Chaddick was the first friend I had I met him at a charity event my uncle brought me to when I was younger.

"Wel, firstly,  my mum still calls me tha,  and secondly, back then, I had no other friends. Finally,  everyone already knew me and either called me Hildegarde or Hildy," I explained, taking a deep breath afterwards.

"Okay, that makes sense, but what do you mean you've never noticed me till now? I always sit at your table. I sit beside tedros for goodness sake,"

Shit I said he looks unfamiliar when he's been sitting beside tedros in lunch for weeks. I guess I never really paid attention to his friends. Wait, no, I'm lying. Nicholas and Tristan sit with us as well. I'm just dumb.

"I didn't get a good look at you. That happens to everyone, and why didn't you notice or remember me before? " I questioned back he laughed and shrugged. My guess is that he was the same.

"So I hear you're quite smitten with my mate Tedros. Do tell what's going on," he teasingly asked, "Smitten!? No, he's got it all wrong.

"There's nothing going on he doesn't see me in that way and don't mentioned that to him or I swear Chaddick" I threatened pointing at him "Okay okay same old little Scarlett with her first true love. I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow, " he threw his hands up whilst walking away. First true love?
I could hit that wee boy, but I'll let him off the hook this time.

I watched him run off when he ran into Tedros they said hello to each other afterwards. Tedros walked over to me. "Do you and Chaddick know each other? I didn't. You both were friends," he said tightly, especially on the word friends.

"Oh Chad, we were friends when we were younger. we didn't know we've been in the same classes in the same school and sitting at the same lunch table all this time. We're just friends, nothing more, "I clarified, making sure he knew that sound stupid.

He looked relieved and more himself "okay good I mean, that's nice. Uh, shall we go for a walk?" he offered, stumbling on his words. I laughed and nodded my head. "I thought your parents didn't let you have friends or go out. How were you and Chaddick friends?" He asked me.

"Well, my mum is the one who doesn't really let me out, mainly the reason being her fairytale. I don't blame her. We live in the middle of the woods, and she doesn't want history to repeat itself. And as I met Chaddick, my uncle brought me to these charity balls I met him in one, " I replied

"Oh, I'm sorry, wait, I think you mentioned this before, yes, your uncle Robin Hood. I thought about it and I don't think we have met we haven't had charity balls since... Uh sorry wait your dad, what about him? "

"He's out of the picture he left before I was even born. He's like a dead beat up. god, my mum tells me she was so enchanted by his looks and charm that she didn't ask for his name or any questions. " I ranted on

I really hope the girls found something. I don't know how long I can wait. "Enchanted? Maybe he's a siren or a prince even more charming than myself. " he flattered himself. I laughed he always knows how to light up the conversation when I talk to him.

I didn't know whether I should ask about his parents or not. I know the scandal that happened between Lancelot Guinevere and Arthur it must have been hard for him.

"Hey, it's okay. There's no need to talk about my family. Everyone seems to know already," as if he replied to my thoughts? "Oh no, I wasn't uh well sorry" I stumbled on my words he didn't seem to mind.

That's what I love about him he doesn't seem to mind when I say something wrong or use the wrong grammar. Everyone else would think I'm joking and laughing instead of leaving it be. woah love did I just, that's a stretch or do I. We have been friends for a while now, maybe I think so.

"Hildegarde," another voice called out to me. You know im starting to get really sick of people calling on me. I turned with an annoyed look on my face, but my expression changed when I saw who it was. "Agatha? Hey Agatha, " he called back she ran to me and sternly said, moving her eyes to tedros and then me.

"Can I talk to you privately now" I was glad to see her but she looked tense "yeah sure" I agreed she grabbed my hand and I barely waved goodbye to Tedros who did the same. Agatha and I rushed down the hall and then stopped.

"Hildegarde, you have to stop talking to him," she said straight up. "Who?" I asked "Tedros please its the only way I can go home, " she begged. She's crazy. That's hardly a way to get home.

"That makes no sense. He's my friend. Why would me talking to Tedros stop you from going home? No one can leave until you graduate. So please tell me how that's going to get you home. " This girl, I haven't seen her in a while, and she tells me this.

"Well, in order for Sophie and I to go home, Sophie has to kiss her true love first true love he is." She explained now she's lost her marbles."Sophie!? The never, Agatha nevers hate evers love nevers don't have true loves kiss their written that way. And anyway, who told you that there's no getting out? " I laughed.

I've heard of Sophie a number amount of times when she had a whole makeover making her look more "evil," but if you ask me, it's an act it always is. I also know that Sophie says she's an ever, but that's impossible.

"You wouldn't understand that's the only way to end this fairytale. Just please -" I interrupted her "woah fairytale, that's a bit dramatic..." I stopped to see her reaction she didn't have much of it, though she just stared everywhere but at me.

"Oh my god, Agatha, what have you done?" I stepped back, feeling uneasy "no it isn't that bad. No, it is bad. I can't lie to you. What happened? The storian in the headmasters tower started writing our, mine, and Sophie's fairytale. The only way to end it is -"

"True loves kiss... and you think Sophies true love is Tedros, that's why you want me to stop talking to him. Wait, that's why you've been distant, and when Sophie was getting close to Tedros, I stared at her, hoping for a different answer, but she just nodded to what I said.

"Let me introduce you to her. I just want to go home. This place isn't for me. " I could see her feeling uncomfortable. I can tell she's feeling home sick. I turned my back from her and finally said, "I'll think on it goodnight, Agatha," walking to my dorm.

After all this time.