Chapter XI: The Trial by Tale

~Part One~

S

ilence fell upon the forest it had been almost 2 hours, and all the competitors were bound to be out. All I could do was run. If I heard a twig snap, I ran if I heard a river stream I ran. Yes, I do mean if I heard anything, I would run.

I mean, what am I supposed to do? I have no defence unless uncontrollable weather powers count, but that would draw too much attention. Yes, at one point, I will run into someone and have to defend myself, not now, I hope.

BOOM the canon signalling that someone's out better them than me. That sounds horrible. "Haha that was almost too easy getting that prince out" a raspy voiced laughed "It's his fault he had so many weapons on him who needs a dagger a shield or a bow and quiver" another joined

I quietly ran behind a tree, listening to their conversation. Why why me why now. One of them sounds like Gideon, the other. I'm not too sure. Gideon is an easy one. I know him too well. "Ravan, what do we do with these weapons? we can't just dump them. One of the evers will pick it up." Ahh, the other is Ravan.

Ravan, he's a tricky one. I don't know him too well, but I know him and Gideon enough to know that they don't know how to use them. This is my chance if I can just get it off them. I shuffled myself behind the tree to get a better look at them.

CRUNCH

In an instant, Ravan grabbed the bow and pulled it back. "Who's there? Don't worry, we'll not bite," he said threateningly. Dam, these leaves and these boots. I'M SO SCREWED

"You have great power. Use it it'll aid you in the trial,"

A voice echoed in my mind like they were a guide. Right, it's now or never Hildegarde. I moved from my spot facing them. Ravan released the arrow, aiming straight to my face. But I was quick to raise my hand, conjuring a force field of Lightning.

Causing the two dumbfounded nevers flying back miles and miles away. Oh my, they were right this is an advantage. Anyways, they wouldn't be able to hit me only evers with a pure heart can, though I suppose it could have.

I lifted up the bow and quiver and slung it on my back. This will come in handy. As will this dagger Gideon dropped, but where will I put it. Ah, ha fun fact, my uncle Robin always has a spare dagger in his boot, so I could never steal it, but I can steal that idea.

It's a bit hefty, isn't it? How does my uncle do this. As I was trying to get comfortable with it, I sensed someone coming behind. Before they could do anything, I beat them to it that meaning I turned lunched a spell at them.

Surprisingly, they used their sword to let the spell bounce back to me. Thankfully, I fell back and hit my head on a tree. WAIT, let me rephrase. I meant to say thankfully it didn't hit me it wasn't good that I fell back and hurt my head.

It's irrelevant, but my hood fell back as well. I began to rub my head to ease the pain when a  ysterious figure called my name. By the sound of that strong voice and the fast reflexes, it was none other than.

"Tedros? You scared me. I thought you were a never. " Why am I even surprised he's always there whenever I'm in these kinds of situations. "Sorry, Hildy, I didn't mean to lurk, but I saw what you did to those nevers. Hildy, where did you learn that? We've only begun looking at weather spells, never mind force fields?"

I always used small bits of my power because I didn't mean it, I wonder what else I could do. "I've been meaning to say this isn't my finger glow. These are things I can do on my own. I think it has something to do with my father, and I want to see what I can do by actually meaning it. " I happily confessed sounding a lot more cheesy than I thought.