Chapter 13

I stepped back with my mic in hand and off the stand. A sand bag flew right past me and came back to hit the mic stand. I turned in the direction it came from absolutely shocked.

There she was, in all her crazy Devi glory. Ben was behind her holding her. He was the one that warned me.

"What the actual fuck Devi, what's your problem?" I just stared at her.

"Ok ladies and gentlemen we would like to give Athenes another shot since their set was ruined by a third party. That third party will now be escorted toward the exit. Just give us some time to fix the stage." The host said through a sound system off the stage.

That's when it happened, almost in slow motion, but I knew it was fast because I had no time to react. A light fell on Romans drum set, injuring him in the process, his leg was caught under it.

I ran to him, and so did everyone else on stage. There were gasps and ouhs throughout the crowd.

"Someone call a ambulance. Why the fuck are you guys just standing around, fucking do something!" It was like no one was listening, there were no ringing phones just recording ones.

I felt humiliated, not because my friend got crushed by a stage light, but because it was being recorded for the world to see his pain, like if it was funny I became angry.

Paxton came running on stage and grabbed Roman under his arms. "On three everyone lift up the light. Ready? One.. two.. and three."

Everyone help lift the light and Paxton got Roman out safely. The whole time Roman was in excruciating pain and discomfort.

"Can you walk bro?" Trent asked as Paxton grabbed one of Romans arms and put it over his shoulders to steady him.

"I don't think so, it fucking hurts." He winced the whole way to the door. Everyone followed behind him.

"Ladies and gentlemen we will reschedule this event until both bands are ready to battle, until then don't forget the next show will be on Monday. Thank you for coming."the host walked off stage and toward us.

"Is everything alright. Should I call somebody?" She seemed very concerned.

"No we are on our way to the hospital thank you for having us though." And with that we all walked to our cars and toward the nearest hospital.