Chapter 5: Preparations for the Sports Festival

Boboiboy POV

The Next Day in UA High School...

Yaoyorozu came along to my seat, we had bonded pretty well since the first day I met her. She was a beautiful raven-haired girl who was like an elder sister to me. She helped me with my History and some other subjects. I helped her in the area of her Quirk. I taught her some martial arts skills just in case her Quirk didn't hold up.

I also taught her to not rely on her Quirk too much and apparently it paid off. Well, she came over to my seat to talk about a new brand of tea that came out recently. I was actually a bit interested because the recipe was a bit similar to my grandfather's famous 'Tok Aba Special Hot Chocolate!' Did they steal the recipe? Definitely not.

『Homeroom is starting...』Mr. Aizawa said as he walked into the class.『I know it's been a while, but the fight's not yet over.』

『Fight...?』Bakugou raised an eyebrow.

『Don't tell me...』Midoriya said.

『The villains again?!!』Mineta cried in panic.

『The UA Sports Festival is drawing near.』Mr. Aizawa said.

That's a super normal school event!!!』Everyone said in joy.

『But wait...』Kaminari said.

『Is it okay to have a Sports Festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?』Jirou asked. Everyone glanced at Mr. Aizawa for an answer.

『Apparently they think of it as UA showing that our crisis management system is as solid as rock by holding the sports Festival. The security will also be strengthened to five times that of the previous years. Above all, the sports festival is a huge chance. It cannot be cancelled because of a few villains.』Mr. Aizawa explained.

『In the days before Quirks, sports fans were obsessed over the Olympics. When powers became part of the equation, the UA Sports Festival became the most watched sporting event. So, the Sports Festival is an opportunity to showcase your abilities in different competitions in order to be scouted by the Pro Heroes and Support Agencies』Mr. Aizawa elaborated more on what he had already said.

『After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick!』Kaminari exclaimed, turning to face Jirou.

『But a lot of people lose their chance to become autonomous and become everlasting sidekicks afterwards. Kaminari, I feel you'll become one of them, since you're dumb.』Jirou said, smirking at the lightning user.

『Hey!』Kaminari shouted.

'That was harsh...' Boboiboy thought, looking at the two.

『Of course, by joining a famous hero agency, you get more exposure and recognition. Time is limited. If you're planning to go pro, then this experience will open up a path to your future. One shot year and three chances in all. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack of on your preparations.』Mr. Aizawa said seriously.

『Yes sir!!!』The whole class said.

TIMESKIP
.
.
.
.
.

I cleared my desk. This is my another day in my new school. It is pretty much like any other school except that we have some extra courses that concern our future career as heroes. Like Hero Informatics Class and Quirk History. 'Sports Festival, huh? Last time I participated in one that was a normal one every school organised. But I highly doubt this one will be normal.' I thought.