Chapter 9: Sports Festival; Part 3: Tournament of Power II

Narrator POV

『IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SECOND ROUND OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL! BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS IN ANTICIPATION AND SEE, THE NEXT FIGHTERS WE HAVE HERE ARE... THE GUY WHO COMMANDS WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT, COMING FROM THE GENERAL STUDIES COURSE, HITOSHI SHINSOU! VS THE ONE WHO GOT FIRST IN BOTH THE QUALIFIERS AND PRELIMS WON A ONE-SIDED VICTORY IN THE LAST ROUND, MIDORIYA IZUKU!!』

『Go get him, Midoriya! Do your best! Don't lose!!』Boboiboy yelled.

『Hmm... this is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. If you know what you want for your future then you can't worry about appearances.』Shinsou said to Midoriya.

『START!!!』

『That monkey was going on about his pride... but don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance?』Shinsou mockingly asked.

『What did you say?!』Midoriya shouted in anger as he ran at full speed towards Shinsou.

Shinsou smirked,『I win.』

『Even when he saw Gopal's match...!』Boboiboy said in frustration.

『I specifically warned him that his Quirk activates when you answer him! Crap!! I went through the trouble of warning him too!!』Ojirou exclaimed.

『You're lucky that you've been blessed, Midoriya Izuku. Now turn and walk out of bounds.』Shinsou commanded.

'Why does he sound regretful...? As if he's jealous or something?' Boboiboy thought.
.
.
.
.
.

『Midoriya's in a pinch...』Gopal said.

『You have no right to say that.』Ying stated plainly.

『Idiots like you should just shut up.』Fang said.

Midoriya was on his way out of bounds.

『Young Midoriya, you can't come here!!!』All Might was a nervous wreck right now.

'No! My body's moving on its own... It's like... my head's filled with a fog... No! Damn it! Stop! Stop! Even though... Even though Ojirou warned me... Crap! Damn it!' Midoriya was shouting inside of his head.

Flashback begins...

『A Quirk that can control people, huh? Isn't that too strong to beat?』Midoriya asked, stating the obvious.

『Yeah, but you can probably avoid if you know about it. I don't remember much after I answered his question. I think that's how it works.』Ojirou said.

『So if I answer without thinking, I'll lose right away.』This was Midoriya's final conclusion.

『No, but it's not completely impenetrable. I said I barely remembered anything until almost the end, right? When we were running away after Shinsou stole Tetsutetsu's headband, it looks like I run into one of the horses on team on Team Tetsutetsu. That's when I snapped out of it. I remember what happened clearly after that.』Ojirou corrected Midoriya's deduction.

『So receiving a shock can get rid of it?』Midoriya asked.

『It's very likely.』Ojirou answered.『Even so, I don't know what level of shock you need, and in a one-on-one match, you can't count on outside forces like that. Anyway, that's about all I can tell you.』Ojirou had finally finished his business with Midoriya .