Chapter 7: UA Sports Festival Arc; Part 2: Cavalry Battle

『CAVALRY BATTLE...』
.
.
.
.
.

Narrator POV

『A cavalry battle? I'm bad at those...!』Kaminari commented.

『It's not an individual event, so I wonder how it'll work...』Asui wondered.

『Let me explain. But come from teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is... based on the results of the last game each person has been assigned the point value.』

『A point-based system like the entrance exam, huh? That's easy to understand.』Satou remarked.

『In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!』Uraraka said.

『I see!』Ashido agreed.

『You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?! Yes that's right and the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom 42nd gets five points, and 41st gets ten points! And the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!』Midnight informed.

Everyone perked up at the sound of that.

『T-Ten million?!』

'Ten million, huh?' Shinsou thought, looking towards Midoriya's area.

'In other words, if you take down the first placer's team...' Fang thought.

'... you can stand at the top no matter what place you're in!' Everyone completed Fang's thought as they glanced at Midoriya with dangerous eyes.

『That's right. It's survival of the fittest, with the chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top! The time limit is fifteen minutes. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out. Stolen headbands must be worn from neck up. So, the more you steal, the harder it'll to be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls you're not out!』Midnight said.

『Which means...』

『Since there are 45 people, there will be 11 teams on the field the whole time?』Satou said.

『One strategy could be to let someone take your points first so you'll be more free. 』Ashido contributed.

『It's hard to say without seeing how all the points end up getting splits up, Mina-chan.』

『During the game it will be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it's still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed instantly!』Midnight explained.

『Damn.』Bakugou remarked.
『Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams! Start!』Midnight declared.

『Bakugou! Team up with me!』Satou asked.

『No, Team up with me Bakugou!』Ashido asked Bakugou.

『I don't know what Quirks you all have! What?!』Bakugou shouted.

『I can understand him not knowing Class B's but-』Ashido was shocked.

『He doesn't pay attention to what's around him at all, huh?』Satou asked, perplexed.

『Is he really that self-centered?』Yaya asked.

『Does he really think of them as 'extras' that much?』Boboiboy asked.

『Oi, Todoroki chose his own team already. Bakugou, team up with me.』Kirishima suggested, walking towards Bakugou.

『Weird Hair.』Bakugou remarked.