♤Chapter 34♤

It's Festa (IYKYK), so I decided to update earlier this week. Happy birthday/10th anniversary to the only people who give me as much joy as reading and writing does. The day has been a rollercoaster of emotions, even now, and I love it.

 The day has been a rollercoaster of emotions, even now, and I love it

My favorite OT7 photo and the only one that speaks to my soul

♤♠♤

I'd accepted the possibility of me seeing Chris today to be slim. Like, paper-thin slim.

The thought had made me so anxious that I hadn't dwelled on it for more than a minute or so before clearing it from my head. That was how I got through the day. This was a big city, and I wasn't naïve. Plus what would I even do or say if I saw him- it was too much to handle mentally so I didn't. I took the easier, more logical way out; ignorance.

But there he was, looking winded and caught off guard as I was.

Chris's attention shifted behind me and my breath hitched as I inhaled. It was like my senses cleared and I was aware of everything. Electricity snapped and crackled across my skin and my mind whirled with memories and the present. What to do, what to say, how much time did I have to decide?

The person wearing the cap shifted and I saw it was Nate. He had his hands on Chris's shoulders. I wondered why. Then the girl standing behind him shifted, catching my attention. Hispanic probably, with a loud head of curls. She was wearing impressively tight, high-waisted jeans and a bralette. Of course, I looked at her boobs, I couldn't not. They were there.

Someone else moved and that's when I realized I had tunnel vision for this guy because how had I not seen her? Her. Didn't know her name, didn't care to. She was all I needed to snap out of it as goosebumps rose on my arms and my immediate thought was to leave. I spun toward Thion and did something very unlike me these days; I stepped into his space.

"I'm good actually." My words were breathless and cracked, making me have to clear my throat. I pressed my hand against my too-warm forehead. "We sh- we should go." I pointed at the door but didn't even get to step around him.

Thion laughed in absolute delight, held my face between his hands, and did something weird to my cheeks.

I smacked his hands away. "Boy-"

"You two are so cute," he said with a grin, then grabbed my hand and began pulling me to the back of the building.

"Thion," I stuttered, gripping his arm tightly with my other hand but rushing to match his stride (as always). I tried hiding behind him as well as yanking him to stop. He only did when he realized that was what I was trying to do. "I can't go over there."

"I'm not taking you over there," he said with a shake of his head.

"Then where..." I breathed.

Thion turned to the back of the room and I followed his gaze to a single, empty couch. "We're probably gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm getting you your smoothie. Don't worry about Chris."