♠Chapter 2♠

"Jules, you ready!" I called from the main room, grabbing my keys off the kitchen counter before peering into the hallway that led to the rooms.

She came around the corner a second later, bags hanging off her. "I'm coming!"

I slipped my keys into my pocket and took some of the bags from her when she's standing in the center of the room.

"Am I leaving anything?" she wondered aloud.

"If you do, I'll bring it over. Let's go." I gestured for her to start moving.

"Okay, fine," she grumbled. "So grumpy."

"You're the one who said you needed to check-in by two," I reminded her, heading for the door. "It's two-fifteen."

"Well, you'd think you were the one moving in," she sassed.

Today was the big day. Jules was finally moving into her dorm and out of my hair.

Don't get me wrong, I love the girl to death but if I saw another body part I didn't want to, I was going to rip my hair out. Mostly, I was just ready to have my place to myself again.

I hadn't minded the company, but I think I'm over it now. If I got lonely I could easily call Thion or Nate. But mostly Thion since he's closer and always happy to take up space. They came back from their vacation in California weeks ago and have been a pain every weekened I went home. Still, it was nice having them back.

It's Wednesday, five days before our first day of school. For the past few weeks, Julia and I would go back home every other weekend or so and each time she would pack storage containers and trunks of all her necessities (mostly clothes) and we'd bring them back with us. It was smart because that way she wouldn't have to stress about packing all her things in one day, especially since she'd been taking classes here.

With everything she'd packed, I made it my mission not to go into the guest room at all, that's where she'd stored all her things.

The former weekend, we'd helped Thion, and Sean move into their dorm so they were already here and had no problem putting this trainwreck together. According to them, this entire week freshmen are adjusting and doing group stuff to get acquainted with each other and whatnot. Nate's still at home since he doesn't move in until next week with Columbia starting a week and a half after the rest of us.

Last week, Mar and Jess had already moved in at Kutztown and Carlos, Heath and Amanda were at Lehigh. They officially started classes on Monday and the group chat's been blowing up.

Basically, Nate's the last one to get on campus in our inner-circle. His fault for picking that stupid ivy league. No, I'm just kidding. He's fine.

The rest of the guys, including Kolton, already had their vehicles stuffed with all Julia's crap and were probably already waiting for us at the dorm building that's basically right around the corner. She and I were the only 0nes still here, and the most important person—and the only one who could get us into the building—is slacking off.

"Just come on," I said letting out an exasperated chuckle.

I was excited for her though. We're all excited for each other.

While being in different places is gonna be hard, we still plan on keeping in touch and setting trips to see each other. We already have a date set for a weekend toward the end of September. We shouldn't since we'll all probably get jobs to take up our time but we did it anyway.

The dorm Julia's going to be living in seemed like it had a hundred floors and looked more like an apartment complex than a college building.

After she went in and got everything she needed done, she was skipping back to us with a huge grin.